M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im not a n00b on here or anything but sometimes i feel like i am in the stuff that i dont know about this bike. i have been tossing around the idea of getting another bike in the stable and the 2 that i am thinking of are of coarse another 109 and make it balls out fast. or a RC51 (hondas V-twin superbike) i would love to have a RC but not sure after i buy one if i will hate riding it because of the position. and i know that i love my 109 and if i could get a play around one that would be super cool. but the RC is such a rare and cool bike almost even more than the 109.

so basicly my question is if i do get a 109 ill probably have the motor and trans sent out to be built by who im not sure yet; so would getting a bike with say 30k on it not really matter?? as i would probably ride this bike for about a year till i had the money saved to do this.

and am i friggin crazy for wanting to add a 4th bike to the stable!?!?!?!?:dontknow:

and this is one 109 i had in mind, anybody know it??

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2006-Suzuki-Boulevard-M109R-96690169

thanks for your input guys!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Look at these

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow zonk those are pretty cool.

i think ive seen them before but never really looked at them that close.

that would be a great setup for a balls out 109.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I find the price a bit high for an 06 with 30k.

I had put my bike with a bad 2nd gear forsale a few months back for $5,500 and none got interested my bike woud have been a good project for a guy like you and my bike runs perfect with the exeption of the 2nd poping out....

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
RC51 or TL1000 Bro, Awesome V-Twin sport bikes :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought shoot them like 5500 or 6000 and see what happens.

id like to build the first NA 109 in the low 10s.....is that possible?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
i thought shoot them like 5500 or 6000 and see what happens.

id like to build the first NA 109 in the low 10s.....is that possible?
Very difficult....You would probably need to get it down below 700 lbs and need 160+ hp and be a real good lightweight rider...even then mid 10's would probably be it. This is figured mathematically.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow what happened to the last two post??:dontknow:

and the reason for the RC though is that i have one always wanted on since they came out in 2000, and 95% of my buddies ride sportbikes and i know i wont keep up with them but i will look a ton better trying!!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You gotta ride what you like. Dosent have to make sense to anyone but you. But you gotta admit a stripped down lightweight drag ready 109 would be a way way cool ride. If your not going to be able to hang with the sport guys on a RC51 anyway then ya gotta out cool them. And with your skills I don't doubt it would peak out on the wow factor. Slammed,drag bars. Fat tire in the back pizza cutter in the front.
Bob

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I guess I would be biased on this one. On another note, My buddies RC is for sale--mint with alot of extras. Indiana craigs list.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Do what makes you happy. Personally I would get a different bike so I had choices. But if you want to have a project 9, then go that route. Must be nice to have 3 ladies in the stable. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
:agree: I take the 109 out when I want to lay back and chill but still I have the speed and power at my command. I take the R1 out when I like to get Crazy lol but really when I am going short distances or whatever my group is riding for the day.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Just had a thought. Do you think you could leave your Honda stock if you bought one? Or would you do the whole monster thing on it.
Bob

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,850 Posts
I think I'd rather have another bike, just for the variety. And I agree with Gramps, it's going to be really hard to get a 700 pound bike into even the low 10's without doing something really drastic on it, like a big shot of nitrous. Unless you're almost an expert rider it's hard to get a 180 hp liter bike to break below the 10's.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Variety is the spice of life. But you would probably be the first to strip a 9 down to bare bones as far as an independent goes. I would volunteer my services to come up and help ya take on that badass project.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ama/prostar Hot rod cruiser rules are 1800 cc 68 inch wheel base and 800 lbs bike and rider. Chain drive is ok. as are slicks. Patrick racing has a yamaha warrior bored to 1775 cc and making 150 hp and 150 torque. Max rpm is 6200. It holds the record at 9.86 @ 133 mph. That is a push rod motor. And a 5 speed. Think you could do that Go check it out.
Bob

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Question & Suggestion

My question is do you all think that the M109R is even a good bike to try to convert into a competitive drag bike without making it totally unsafe or illegal to ride on the street? I am just curious about that, as I love the bike, but I think it is limited severely when it comes to competitive drag racing, because of the way the bike is set up.

My suggestion is that if you want to run with sportbike riders and drag racers you should consider buying a strong sportbike, and your issue is solved. I for one, am selling my '07 ZX14R so I can buy a second M109R. Due to having been hit from behind by a driver at 55-60 mph while my car was at a stand still back in February of 2009, my body can't deal with the positioning/posture the sportbike requires a rider to be in. Therefore, I have no choice but to sell it. I thought my body would have recovered by now, but the doctors are telling me that there are many pains that I will have to live with for the rest of my life, due to my age which is affecting my body's ability to heal or recover. My ZX14R is not stock either. I have had some very good performance and cosmetic mods done to it. If you want to get a look at it, go check out the pics in my album.

If you are interested in doing a deal send me a PM.

Thanks.

BCRUZN

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
4th bikeI

I say go for it..!!!..Build your stable of bikes as long as it doesn't compromise your felines future wardrobe...You know what they say about a scorned pussy and all..:joke:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts