M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than 1 month after having major reconstructive surgery on the knee...and it was, for the most part, a blast. I can tell that I'm just not ready to get on, but I've been antsy, with being cooped up in the house for near a month. I wont be getting on anytime soon, not at least until the leg is much stronger. And the only reason I did get out today is because my wife and daughter are out of town :joke:

I love, love, LOVE the Scythe II mirrors. They provide me with much better site viewing, and they just look damn good. As much as people complain about the Dunlop E3 250, I found it to be pretty solid. I did take a somewhat spirited run down Joplin Rd, and that bike has never been as solid with the stock 240 on that road.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im glad your feeling like getting out ,but DANG dude ???

Those Morrors are Very Nice !!
I know, dude, I know. :-\ I just had to get out. I NEEDED to be out on the bike. Had a crap-filled day at work yesterday, and getting out, on such a beautiful day...I just couldnt pass it up. I felt no pain from just being on the bike, but the bumps in the road would jar my knee from time to time. I had no trouble getting on or off, holding the bike at a light, leaning in to curves and such. It was the jarring of the knee from bumps in the road and such that eventually got my leg and foot to hurting. But by that time, I was right around the corner from home.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
dude i understand , cabin fever is a killer !:bigthumbsup:
It has been so nice i took my Sport shield off to enjoy this time of year more , cj and i went to a local car show and then went to meet Enterer at a Hooters in richmond this afternoon cought a little rain but it was just a light sprinlke
It was a good day

·
Radio Active Member
27,682 Posts
Glad to hear that you had a fun ride and are healing up. :bigthumbsup: I hope that ride helps that cabin fever for a little while. Did your wife note the millage of the bike before she left? :eek: :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear that you had a fun ride and are healing up. :bigthumbsup: I hope that ride helps that cabin fever for a little while. Did your wife note the millage of the bike before she left? :eek: :D
Man I certainly hope not!! Though I doubt she could even figure out where the key is...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Glad to here your back in the saddle Do you run the stock front if so the switch to the 160 will take care of that problem.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Good for you Diggy! Nothing like a short blast on the 9 to have an attitude adjustment! :congrats: :clap2::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to here your back in the saddle Do you run the stock front if so the switch to the 160 will take care of that problem.
Still have the stock front tire on. I bought the E3 130/70, but the guy I've been buying parts from for 6 years sent me a bias ply instead of a radial. I'm thinking of doing a 150 or 160 up front for next year though

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,939 Posts
I look at going for a good bike ride as physical therapy. I've got a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder and when it gets to bothering me a bike ride seems to fix it up. It feels kind of stupid having to flop my arm up to get it on the grip, but once it's there and I'm riding the pain seems to go away.

Wonder if I could file an insurance claim for physical therapy? Might be a new way to pay for mods. :D

Glad you're doing well bro, and those mirrors and tires do make a difference. When I put my Scythe II's on I told my wife it was like having a 3 lane wide rear view mirror.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts