M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy tells me my turn signals are illegal but does me a "favor" and passes it. He tells me VA State Police are leaning on inpection stations because of non DOT lights. Mind you in VA turn sigs are not required but if you DO have them they have to work. They're trying to cut down on the little un-noticable blinkers popular with the sport bike scene. He said mine are plenty bright so he let me slide. They should be bright enough, they're halogen fog lights with amber lenses. Just giving you all a heads up.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Thanx for the heads up ! Thats why i kept the stock turn signals when i de- beavered and used the barrons license plate bracket. I should be good on inspection when July rolls around. I really dont understand the hassle you got because they are not much smaller than the stock ones. plus amber leds, WTF!!!! Picky, Picky Picky, but at least you got the sticker !:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Man, you need to go to my guy, he put a brand new sticker on my vehicle and a month later I took it to the dealer for thee free oil change and it needed rear brake pads, front wheel bearings and outer tie rod ends :eek:. I dont think non DOT lights would be a problem with him :D. The dealer asked me who in the hell inspected this thing? :a20:

·
Registered
10 Posts
my inspections coming up here in the uk .after 3 yrs the vechle must have

passed its test: lights, noisey exhaust bald tyres etc if eveythings ok then

u get a rubber stamp for 12months then for the rest of the bikes life on the road u must get tested every 12months is that how it works there!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
my inspections coming up here in the uk .after 3 yrs the vechle must have

passed its test: lights, noisey exhaust bald tyres etc if eveythings ok then

u get a rubber stamp for 12months then for the rest of the bikes life on the road u must get tested every 12months is that how it works there!
Yes Here in the states we have to be inspected every 12 months as well, at least here in Virginia we do, every state is a little different. We have stickers with the month and year when the next inspection is due. What gets ruber stamped anyway, registration, license, or what ?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, you need to go to my guy, he put a brand new sticker on my vehicle and a month later I took it to the dealer for thee free oil change and it needed rear brake pads, front wheel bearings and outer tie rod ends :eek:. I dont think non DOT lights would be a problem with him :D. The dealer asked me who in the hell inspected this thing? :a20:
Hey Chris, where you been hiding? Long time no see.....that wasn't one of your trains that tried to swim in the inter-coastal was it?:doorag:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey Chris, where you been hiding? Long time no see.....that wasn't one of your trains that tried to swim in the inter-coastal was it?:doorag:
Whats up Jason? Nah, I've just been working as usual. I thought this every other Mon/Tue and every other Sat/Sun off schedule was going to be okay. Seems like when im off it either snows, rains or some other act of God keeps me at home. I wanna check that windshield out that you got, I sold my AK to a coworker and got a little spare change that's burning a hole in my pocket. That train that tried to go into the drink was the Chesapeake and Albemarle RR. They are a shortline that we interchange with at South Norfolk.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mike Duman Auto Sales. 2300 Godwin Blvd | Suffolk, VA 23434

Just an FYI for anybody looking for a quick inspection with NO questions. Its taken me longer to get my helmet off than the time it took for my last inspection.

Just remember bad bike parts mean broken body parts. my 2 cent

·
Registered
13 Posts
found the perfect spot in Dale city just off the freeway by the silver dinner. Spent 30min explaining that yes bikes can have a drive shaft and YES its fast and the next thing I know I had my stickers. went home cleared the gurage of all the factory parts that I keeptd just in case I needed them.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
485 Posts
found the perfect spot in Dale city just off the freeway by the silver dinner. Spent 30min explaining that yes bikes can have a drive shaft and YES its fast and the next thing I know I had my stickers. went home cleared the gurage of all the factory parts that I keeptd just in case I needed them.:bigthumbsup:
Yo Doc C, that's the same spot I go to. They LOVE the 9 yo... Pretty much as long as your wheels aren't falling off, they'll hook you up. But Yeah, VA inspections are getting ridiculous; especially considering you don't even HAVE to have them.. Doc, where in Woodbridge are you? I'm off PW Pkwy and Minnieville.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes Here in the states we have to be inspected every 12 months as well, at least here in Virginia we do, every state is a little different. We have stickers with the month and year when the next inspection is due. What gets ruber stamped anyway, registration, license, or what ?
no inapection in fla. a few yrs behind

G

·
reason why I always find the most ******* car station I can find...just pull in...they look at it...say hit the highbeams, and put a sticker on it....never had any issues with anything......now, going to a bike shop to get an inspection is different story....

·
Registered
472 Posts
hey, u know that u just put your inspector out there... the state is cracking down on the inspectors fine them and take their lisence... my freind had some hot fine young thing role up to get an inspection... there were major safety issues with her car and she tried all kind of flerting to got off... he still failed her and later found out she was some kind of undercover state cop... the state is getting tricky any more... they r fining peeps for any thing any more...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts