M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Your learning, and the best way possible---curiousity.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
So I learned about the fact we have a dual pin crank. Will never sound the same. Yeah, so I am a newb to twins.

Here's a great link to that end, with animated graphics.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rwbaxter/The%20V-Twin.htm
And harleys are a long stroke engine.9's are short stroke compared to....... seems to make a difference in that throaty harley sound. Great article, thanks.......

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,077 Posts
Your learning, and the best way possible---curiousity.
A day that goes by without learning something new is a day wasted. :bigthumbsup:

Now if I could just focus on learning that one thing, instead of starting to read something interesting and getting side tracked and reading something else. I wonder if 3 partial learnings can count as one full learning? :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
awesome read...also explains a little why two bikes that can have similar or close to sizes...have such different power outputs lol

to think I always thought this was
the difference

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
A day that goes by without learning something new is a day wasted. :bigthumbsup:

Now if I could just focus on learning that one thing, instead of starting to read something interesting and getting side tracked and reading something else. I wonder if 3 partial learnings can count as one full learning? :D
I think that is called "special ED" lol

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,077 Posts
I think that is called "special ED" lol
:doh:

And here I thought I had a cognitive impairment, memory loss, or just a foggy brain. I wouldn't mind getting sidetracked but I always forget what I started looking for in the first place. No wonder I never get anything finished, but I sure get a lot of things started. :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Also, what we lack in length is made up for in girth....that sounded wrong, but it is true. The stroke creates air movement...hold the giggles...and the girth also creates air movement, but stroke alone without the diameter creates a longer tone...once again get yer mind out of the gutter...but looses out on the duration of power. Diameter + revolution = faster delivery...thats why she screams all the way up the tach and creates power through the large part of the rpm's where HD only creates power on the lower end of the rpm range. The torque vs horsepower subject is mighty interesting too, check it out sometime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts