M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the gear oil and filled it up to the bottom of the fill hole. I didn't read the directions (except for the oil weight). Just figured it's the same as the rear end of a car..... Is this right????so far no problems

-Chad

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I did mine Friday morn , drain completely...cleaned the plug of all the shavings (yuk) ...fluid looked like it needed to be changed.

I used GL4-GL5 Yamaha shaft drive fluid....comes in 32 oz bottle , good for several changes....8.00 bucks

·
Registered
343 Posts
this is a test, this is only a test.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
SpeedStack said:
Changed the gear oil and filled it up to the bottom of the fill hole. I didn't read the directions (except for the oil weight). Just figured it's the same as the rear end of a car..... Is this right????so far no problems

-Chad
looks like you missed the sit back and have a beer while you clean up step.... :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sledzep01 said:
looks like you missed the sit back and have a beer while you clean up step.... :D
more like calm down after having to deal with the oil filter. That F'ing thing was cranked on SO tight that a strap wrench couldn't take it off!!! I was laying on my back cussing out Suzuki and the dealer for 20 minutes, until I punched a screwdriver through it and got it off!!! I was PISSED !!

anyone else have that problem?

-Chad

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya the screwdriver is the last resort when trying to get a stuck filter off. It ALWAYS works !!! :bigthumbsup:

-Chad

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I had some Gorilla put the filter on my truck one time and it took 3-4 attempts with the screw driver to get it off :eek: :eek:
IT WAS DESTROYED!
It had elongated holes all over and was actually twisted/torqued around a little.
Doesnt any one just do the half turn anymore??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts