M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving to Cali this summer to do an 18 month tour at Camp Pendleton and Im looking for some riders to meet up with while Im out there. Ill be getting out there at the end of August. Any groups I can get with?

Jason

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Absolutely Jason & welcome to Camp Pendleton & SoCal

I am moving to Cali this summer to do an 18 month tour at Camp Pendleton and Im looking for some riders to meet up with while Im out there. Ill be getting out there at the end of August. Any groups I can get with?
You will be stationed in-between the I 5 & the 15 freeway having access to exit from either side..its a good centralized location to meet up for rides... there are groups that ride out of Oceanside every weekend. From the 15 side through a town named Fallbrook [a nice lil ride of its own] there are many options & allot of territory 2 ride in pretty much all year around here in the Golden State! Post up when you get here & we will make it happen:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Hey Jason, welcome to so cal. I live about 50 miles south of Pendelton. as whitestar mentioned, you will be stationed in a prime starting point for some really bitchen riding spots. where are you going to be housing at?

to the north you have ortega hwy (hwy 74) and PCH up to huntington beach. to your south you have hwy 76, hwy 78 and also PCH south to LaJolla. You can literally ride from the coast to the desert and from the north of you can ride 80 miles of mountain roads all the way to the Mexican border.

When you get down here and settle, put out a shout, we would be more than happy to show you some of the so cal spots.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jason, welcome to so cal. I live about 50 miles south of Pendelton. as whitestar mentioned, you will be stationed in a prime starting point for some really bitchen riding spots. where are you going to be housing at?

to the north you have ortega hwy (hwy 74) and PCH up to huntington beach. to your south you have hwy 76, hwy 78 and also PCH south to LaJolla. You can literally ride from the coast to the desert and from the north of you can ride 80 miles of mountain roads all the way to the Mexican border.

When you get down here and settle, put out a shout, we would be more than happy to show you some of the so cal spots.
Unfortunetly I will be living in a barracks room on base. I will be leaving my wife and son in Vriginia Beach while I am at Camp P. Its not something I wanted to do but it wouldnt be right to move my son from his high school. PLus I have a house that I love and dont want to take the risk on renting it after all the work I have done to it these past couple years.
I will make the best of this thought and I plan to ride my 9 all over Cali. I look forward to meeting you guys this year.

Jason

·
Registered
254 Posts
I live right next to pendelton in o'side. I ride everyday and most weekends for fun. I ride with a group that rides every single sunday. It is a very informal club with no officers, no dues, and no regulations, every type of bike is welcome if it can keep up from harleys to goldwings to streetbikes to scootere. so there is none of the attitude that you have to ride a specific bike. They have a very informal forum that lists rides and meet up times. From where you are going to live it is about 8 miles from the base to the meet up at the 15 and 76.

Northcountycruisers.com

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yep.... come on out and up. It will be good to get another southerner out here, someone that at least can understand my alabama accent.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Me Too, Me Too

Well I have just been able to get back on here and what do I find, I am on the way to Pendleton too, coming from Camp Lejeune. And to Scott McNasty, I am from Alabama too, Gardendale. So we have to get together. I will be looking for you guys too, Already saved your website to my favorites. I will be getting there the middle of June but leave in Oct for a deployment, you can guess where. Nothing like moving cross country with a family and leave two months later. Can't wait to meet and ride with all you as well.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice. I'm from Hueytown, my parents are in leeds now.

I also spent time in the Carolinas, In fact I married a carolina girl.

We working in Charlotte and lived in Rock Hill Sc.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im looking forward to hooking up with everyone once I get there. Any ideas what a storage place would cost to store my bike while I am at sea?

Jason

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Im looking forward to hooking up with everyone once I get there. Any ideas what a storage place would cost to store my bike while I am at sea?

Jason
SearchScan - On HERE ya go Jason...check it outout :bigthumbsup:
520,005 results for
storage facility in …:

Search Refiners
Show All
Public Storage
Sponsored Results
Secure Convenient Storage in Oceanside San Diego Area, CA
Individual Security Alarms - Video Surveillance - Military Discounts.:D
www.securitypublicstorage.com

·
Registered
59 Posts
storage

You can store your bike as household goods, the base will put it in climate control storage for you, just ask your TMO office. That's what I usually do. That way they cover it with a 100% replacement value, with mods as long as you have pictures. Best way to go with me, the storage unit can't beat that.. See you out there, we leave this sat, from NC.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I am usually up for a ride on the weekend, however I am getting ready to leave next week on a 3000 mile ride ending in Vegas, so I don't think I will be doing on road trips this weekend. I will be getting my bike ready for that journey.

Good luck and :welcome: to So Cal

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome 2 California Jason!

Wonder no more... riding this Sunday:bigthumbsup:

I have arrived. Im getting settled and was
wondering, are there any rides this weekend??

Jason

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
What's this? A BITE!!!

when/where?
Hey bro,

Check out post #5. The 15 & 76 junction park & ride lot & Mobil gas station... not far from where Jason is stationed... its about an hours ride 4 me. The ride from there will be decided by the riders.
Are you up 4 it?
Any other So Cal Niner's want to greet & welcome one of our service men come on down.
Rolling out time is 9:00 am so come earlier 4 coffee & 2 socialize some.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Great time & ride yesterday Jason!
Was a pleasure meeting you.
You are right about your exhaust...LOUD...lol...:doorag:

·
Registered
254 Posts
These are all thumbnails which will take you to the album

1 - 20 of 24 Posts