M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2006 M109R and this year with only 4,000 miles on it the bike started to do something weird? While driving ....especially around turns the bike started to miss or something. If almost feels like the bikes rear tire hits a small slick spot on the road or something??? or maybe even like it's mis firing sometimes? It this the clutch oil problem or what? I have aftermarket pipes, thunder intakes, and a power commander... not sure if that matters or not? I know it's nothing to do with a slick rear tire it just feels that way ...??:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Look at

1. Your tires, may have a flat spot or a slipped belt
2. Some thing in you tank that is shifting when in a lean
3. Your tilt sensor

Again these are just some spit ball ideas. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Check your rear tire. I had a belt showing in just one spot. Could possably be that.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Does it only do it when you lean, or is it doing it at a certain rpm, but you feel it more in the middle of a lean? Also, are you still on stock tires? I have heard of people who experience the feel that the tire is slipping on them with stock tires. Usually around the same mileage. If you have stock tires, might be a combination of the age and the wear is causing it to do that.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
What exactly is clutch shudder then ????
Clutch shudder is not your problem. That is usually when you are sitting still and let the clutch out the bike will buck and feel like you have wheel hop. Guaranteed it isn't your clutch as if your cluch was slipping you would know it and it isn't shudder.

Tilt sensor? What's that about?
Not sure if our bike has one, but on Honda's I know they do. It is a sensor that when it determines your bike is tilted too far, it shuts off power to the fuel pump which causes the bike to stall. Very good if you go down.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Not sure if our bike has one, but on Honda's I know they do. It is a sensor that when it determines your bike is tilted too far, it shuts off power to the fuel pump which causes the bike to stall. Very good if you go down.
We have one.

I had to move it for my trunk project.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts