M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading a thread some time ago when this bike was first posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...motorcycles?hash=item2559984fcc#ht_500wt_1178

And I was just wondering:

-If I were inclined to possibly waste some time, where would I start researching on whether or not I could even title this bike? My first guess would be to do a title search on the VIN (I don't know how these work, but I'm guessing it would have to be a multi-state search since the dude is in KS, and says he "bought" it form Arkansas, and I live in Nebraska).

-I'd have to check with my state's DMV, and see if I can even title it here.

-If I couldn't title it, I'm guessing I could buy a salvage title and use the parts (but I have no idea to what extent I could replace parts under another VIN, again, more state statutes I'm guessing)

Anyway, Coffeyville, KS is not a far trek for myself to waste a day of my weekend to check this thing out; I was just looking for anyone with a level of expertise/competence in this area AND a few extra minutes of their life to waste pointing me in the direction they think I should go, sans telling me I'm an idiot for even considering the idea.

Thanks folks,

-sweetpflueg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Being a police officer, I can tell you there can be a whole bunch of issues with this deal. I remember that thread. You will need to have the DMV check the vin, or if you have a friend in the law enforcement community, ask them to run the vin for you. Don't be upset if he can't. A lot of things we used to do "back in the day", can no longer be done. But, maybe start there. I'm sorry I'm not much help. Different statutes, for different states.

V

1 - 2 of 2 Posts