M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Oh yeah baby! That looks sweet. All I'd want to do is cut the end off about 6 or 8 inches. Very close to what I've been waiting to see.

Will there be some for sale?

Jazzman

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'd like it more about 6 or 8 inches longer. That way...no exhaust gunk will get on the rotor or wheel. Kinda like the sleek look of longer pipes, as you can probably see from my pics of the 800.

Looking good, though, bet it's sweet all chromed up.

·
Registered
890 Posts
That's the one I've been waiting for :bigthumbsup: :eek:...its gonna be a long winter :2excited: :clap2:

Devilish

·
Registered
185 Posts
:bigthumbsup: I like the two into one pipe...but is anyone working on something to cover up our ugly a$$ swing arm that sticks out like a sore thumb when you have a single pipe in the rear? Maybe a chrome cover for the swing arm or something?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah Chrome swing arm covers...more Chrome...on a Silver that would be awesome :evil:

Devilish

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'll be the first to admit that I know NOTHING about gaining horsepower from exhaust mods :redfaced: That said, I still have to ask... would it just absolutely KILL any gains to bend the pipe, post-collector, to make the final path of the exhaust run something like the Blurple line my child-like modification of Big Joe's pic? :confused: (My version of Paint Shop Pro stops at "Paint")
It looks damned good like it is :bigthumbsup: but it sure would cover up a lot of stuff that wasn't meant to be exposed in the first place if the rear portion could be routed a little higher :dontknow:

I'll hush now and wait patiently for an education in Modified Exhausts :D

G

·
First, swing arms have feelings too. A swingarm is a sign of power.

I think that angling the pipe up wouldn't look very good. It would destroy the lines of the bike. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I like it, but would not mind if it echoed the lines that the original have (like the purple line above except with skill and an eye towards esthetics...)
No offense meant. I could not draw it any better...
If it was curved a little it would look like the JR exhaust mod made with the Vrod tip on it I saw around here somewhere... :dontknow:
I generally prefers curves to dtraight lines.

Sledzep

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like the 2 into 1, thats the way to go. In my opinion the pipe is too skinny, everything else on the bike is big and fat so I think the exhaust should be that way too. By the way the crafstmanship of the exhaust from what I can see is very good. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I like it :bigthumbsup:
I would prefer a couple more bends in the pipe to tuck it up and in... but I like it almost as much as the stock exhaust..
I think my catch would be how to we hide the mess that used to be behind the stock pipes?.. hmmm if there was an easy way to do that it would tottally rock :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
702 Posts
:bigthumbsup:

That is a nice looking pipe. Is it tapering into a larger diameter pipe toward the end or is that an illusion?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
I'll be the first to admit that I know NOTHING about gaining horsepower from exhaust mods :redfaced: That said, I still have to ask... would it just absolutely KILL any gains to bend the pipe, post-collector, to make the final path of the exhaust run something like the Blurple line my child-like modification of Big Joe's pic? :confused: (My version of Paint Shop Pro stops at "Paint")
It looks damned good like it is :bigthumbsup: but it sure would cover up a lot of stuff that wasn't meant to be exposed in the first place if the rear portion could be routed a little higher :dontknow:

I'll hush now and wait patiently for an education in Modified Exhausts :D

What I noticed on any H-D in the dynos any extra bends and you lose the hp.. Vance and Hines made a good loking pipe there.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
How about having the rear header tie into the straight final pipe behind the engine cover? I know making it go forward is probably done to make each header the same length.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts