M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marlboro's makin' his own Big Air Kit......UH-OH :eek: :eek: :yikes: :yikes: :D :D !!!

Stay tuned folks....more to come.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Looks good so far....I like all the chrome stuff you used :bigthumbsup:. For my eyes, it looks like the filter is a little on the big size. Can't wait to see it when it's done....great job! :doorag:

·
Registered
179 Posts
:pop::pop::pop:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good so far....I like all the chrome stuff you used :bigthumbsup:. For my eyes, it looks like the filter is a little on the big size. Can't wait to see it when it's done....great job! :doorag:
Thanks Bobby. It's not quite as big as the factory housing on the side, but yeah, bigger than a normal bike filter. This will also elimate the airbox under the tank. Gonna fully mock-up the right side with everything put back on, then see how it looks.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
sneak peek of something that's been done a million times or....?

is this different than the others some how?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sneak peek of something that's been done a million times or....?

is this different than the others some how?
Eliminating the airbox and modding up 2 huge intakes has been done a million times?

Just giving a shot of what I'm working on.(trying to that is, first attempt at something like this)

:dontknow:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Eliminating the airbox and modding up 2 huge intakes has been done a million times?

Just giving a shot of what I'm working on.(trying to that is, first attempt at something like this)

:dontknow:
that's what I was asking, you didn't say eliminating the airbox before so I thought it was the same as all the others that piped out the filters like that. That's been done (airbox elim) but I don't think it's been done with the "autozone" type piping so good job:bigthumbsup:

can't wait to here how it does for you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
:pop::pop::pop: Looks good so far!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that's what I was asking, you didn't say eliminating the airbox before so I thought it was the same as all the others that piped out the filters like that. That's been done (airbox elim) but I don't think it's been done with the "autozone" type piping so good job:bigthumbsup:

can't wait to here how it does for you.
Thanks....but I don't think its gonna work....just too big. Can't seem to fab up any kind of mount that'll make it secure enough. I'll give it a few more days of playing around with different types of mounting. But these are gonna catch some serious wind at speed. Don't want them ripping themselves apart while I'm riding.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Thanks....but I don't think its gonna work....just too big. Can't seem to fab up any kind of mount that'll make it secure enough. I'll give it a few more days of playing around with different types of mounting. But these are gonna catch some serious wind at speed. Don't want them ripping themselves apart while I'm riding.
yeah that could be a problem

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
how are you fitting the tubes onto the TBs and running them to the filters. that angle is crazy!! i tried it a couple of times and WOW it is just frustrating.

and i think that you could make a couple of "L" brackets and drill them to mount to the tube and then use the tapped holes in the side of the motor.

just a thought.:dontknow: i hope it works out for you.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
918 Posts
i just finished up mine today,:bigthumbsup: i don't have any pics yet but i take some tomorrow, it looks sweet, and I hit 100 mph on the test drive and they were really solid, i surprised that my brackets worked so well on the first try.:evil::evil::evil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts