M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys They are looking for a response to the idea of making Smuggler's for our bikes. I don't have the knowledge but if someone goes to www.corbin.com and looks at the Yamaha MT-01 they has a cool action picture of it. They would make one that replaces our cowl and would use the stock mounts. It would mimic the lines of our cowl. You would not have to sacrifice your seat or cowl. It is no where near as big as Arimis bag conversion. And I am not trying to steal his thunder. His is cool. But if you want something smaller, I think it is 11 liters, then check it out and leave them a message. My bike is there till I get back from the run for the wall. So they would have plenty of time to use it for a pattern. And I could post pic's of it as it goes along for feedback.
Bob
Maybe one of you computer whiz kids could put the picture here. Hink, Rico. You boys still up?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one they make for Victory has the backrest built in.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Corbin wants $800 for the MT-1 smuggler seat. If the 9's ends up being that expensive, there is no way I'm spending that much cash for that little storage volume. :eek:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I just went and checked and it does look like they are in the 7 to 800 range. I wll ask them in the AM what kind of pricing they would be looking at. In fact just sent PM to my contact on pricing for the 9. Will let you know as soon as I do.
Bob

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
WOULD LOVE TO SEE ONE FOR THE NINE....THATS ALL THIS BIKE NEEDS...TANK BAGS SUCK..!!!...i would buy one in a heartbeat..!!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think for that kind of cash itwould have to come painted. But to spend 800 bucks and then have to pay for paint could get very pricey.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Not only that Corbin is well known for their hefty pricing, but here is what's killing me about them :
I bought two seats from them. Two front seats.
Of course, they are not shy charging arm and leg for them, and granted, they are good quality seats. After I bought them, and rode on them for a short time, I realized that the way they make these seats, my butt keeps sliding forward all the time, and being 6ft 6, that creates a problem for me.
I call them up, and asked them if there is any way to modify these seats so I don't slide forward on them. Some nice girl was helping me and she said "sure". Than she said that it will cost me $ 200 per seat, plus shipping charges both ways. :yikes:
They are far away from Chicago. So if I wanted them to modify my seats it would cost me roughly $ 500 plus.
I am their old customer, I even used their product while I was living in Europe. After this experience, guess what ?
I'll never buy Corbin product as long as I live. :doorag:
P.S. I even wrote them nice email, explaining my problem with seats. I stated that I've been using their product for years (to be precise, last 20 years). I asked them to verify that. Of course they couldn't. When I talked to that girl at Corbin she couldn't even find my both orders for seats, because one was over 6 months old. So she found only one. Again - good product, overpriced, and given the fact what kind of service they give you - way overpriced.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good feedback. They are following these posts.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Good feedback. They are following these posts.
Thanks,
but I have no use for it (if they are following this, or not).
I got screwed, I sold my original (LE) seat, and one gel seat, and I am stuck with two of their seats, which would cost me a fortune to fix.
If I had to pay for each seat 200 bucks, and return shipping for each of them (say another 100 - and that's MINIMUM), I will need total of 500 bucks, and I would be still gambling, is it going to fit me or not.
For 500 bucks, I would imagine, I could get good seat at so many other places. All I can say is - thank God for Capitalism and thank God for multiple choices, because I hate to think if they (Corbin) is behaving like this to their old and regular customers, how would they behave if they where the only game in town. :eek:
One more note, to all of you which are about to buy Corbin seat :
Both of my seats have one BIG round hole on the side of their mold. That hole is covered only with leather (or vinyl) whatever you ordered. That is kind of strange, because at one point this may be penetrated and you will end up with the hole on the side of your seat.
If you are about to order Corbin seat, ask them to give you the seat without the big hole on the side of their mold, and see what their response is going to be.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Bet that is where the seat heater switch goes. Sorry your having problems with them. So far for me it has been great. Wish I could help in some way.
Panchester sending PM.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Bet that is where the seat heater switch goes. Sorry your having problems with them. So far for me it has been great. Wish I could help in some way.
Thanks Bro !
Don't worry - it's not your problem.
Yep, I am sure that hole is where switch goes, and guess what ?
That sucks !!
It would be like if the car manufacturer will sell you the car with the big hole up front on your dashboard, because you didn't want to buy Navigation system. :doh:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Check your PM's

·
Registered
109 Posts
storage

I like the idea, some storage on the bike and not having to use a tank bag or storge rack would be great but I agree with some of the others that if it reached the prices mentioned earlier then I would be priced out of the item.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts