Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Make it the full 11 liters I don't care about looks

Votes: 4 3.8%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for you to sound off. How much room is really wanted? Is looks more important than volume? Built in back reast of not? Speak up guys.
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
this is a great idea and it works very well on the sport bikes but i think that it will look very weird on the back of the 109 with out doing some type of other modification to the rear of the bike.

but i would be interested in seeing conceptual pictures of it.:bigthumbsup:

have you become the 109 spokesman for corbin??:D

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really they ask questions and I put it out there. My bike is the trial balloon and I want to help our guys get what they want. Since I am buying pretty much everything they make and this is something new they thought you guys might like some input on what they make.
Bob

·
Registered
253 Posts
Looks and volume are both important to me, as well as it working with the grasshopper backrest that I just purchased.

I do however realize that you can't make everyone happy all of the time.

I just can't wait to see a prototype! :drool:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Any thing that keeps the flow of the bike will do.

I just want more storage for phone ( htc evo),gloves, glasses, small spray btle and bikers org spray and a rag...lol. .. Just tell them to keep the price down, some of us have already invested enough in corbin products. i guess maybe a rear cowel with a trunk would suit me. Not too stuck on being able to put a water bottle in there, you stiil have to stop to take it out,but the room to have one would be nice. I know some of you guys travel far and it seems like if thats the case maybe the bags are better. But Lets just say for 200 mile riding reasons i dont need that much space. My buddy has a honda 96 cbr and it has enough room for bottole and gloves and glasses. That's plenty for me, any more I will be saving up for the uni-trailer. Just my two cents. what every happen to the side caprtment mod? I saw on line a guy put a bottle of water in there. May be between the two it would make up? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Are they just trying to redesign the solo seat cowl?? I think they would probably have better results if they remade the entire rear fender. They could reshape the rear fender to allow more room without looking like a bulky bolt-on. Just my 2 cents.

-Josh

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
looks are definitely more important than volume. you can fit all the necessary essentials such as: spare sunglasses, small spray bottle of polish, rag, and gloves in a space equivalent to a hollowed out rear seat. you might even fit a few more things in there but anything bigger than that and the looks will be greatly compromised. personally, i don't care if fits a backrest or not since i don't feel the need for one. perhaps that can be another project for them to offer as a seperate option on a seperate smuggler model.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I`d be interested but it is going to have to look good and the price is going to have to be at a decent price most of all!!! You have to buy it the least they could do is give it to you at a very low price since you are volintarying your 9 to be the ginny pig!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I definitely like the idea. But, I think keeping with the line of the bike are VERY important (at least to me), backrest would be a good option, but not a deal breaker. Hey rockfordrider, I like the idea of the chrome chin spoiler too.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah and they are going to get the price down while they are at it. It does look like they are keeping it pretty close shape wise. I'm going there saturday and will post some pic's.
bob

1 - 20 of 34 Posts