M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this has been brought up a couple of times deep in other threads, but i think that it warrants it's own due to the number of people experiencing the clunky transmission.

tighten your clutch cable!

i've got 1700 miles on my 9 and it's shifting as smooth as butter. it's really effortless now, no clunking. i'm using 20-50 synth, and tightened the clutch cable. i know the break in, and oil helped a little, but adjusting the cable is what really sealed the deal.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
phaed said:
i know this has been brought up a couple of times deep in other threads, but i think that it warrants it's own due to the number of people experiencing the clunky transmission.

tighten your clutch cable!

i've got 1700 miles on my 9 and it's shifting as smooth as butter. it's really effortless now, no clunking. i'm using 20-50 synth, and tightened the clutch cable. i know the break in, and oil helped a little, but adjusting the cable is what really sealed the deal.
Thanks for the heads-up......going to the garage and adjust mine! I have at least 1/4 free play in the lever!

G

·
Know what you mean. Everytime I take my bike to the dealer, they adjust the clutch way out. I am trying to get the correct adjustment as I type.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I changed over to synthetic over the weekend and all I can say is wow, what a difference. It has smoothed out the neutral to first "clunk" a lot.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
OhioM109R said:
I changed over to synthetic over the weekend and all I can say is wow, what a difference. It has smoothed out the neutral to first "clunk" a lot.
10W/40 or 20W/50W?????

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I changed my oil at 603 miles last Friday...I used Suzuki's 10/40 synth blend and I'm telling you , I noticed a difference folks...4.95 a qt - 20% discount
It seems smoother, quieter...and shifts smoothly , now every now and then I have to double pull the clutch when in nuetral but so what....

Couldn't be happier...next week I get my wheels polished...found a guy in Va Beach ...give him the bike , he'll call you in two days for pic up... :D

He had some bikes in his shop he was working on....wow !

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome eagle. i wish i could find someone around here like that. be sure to post pics man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts