M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm just itching to lite up the rear tire but i must admit I'm alittle intimidated by first gear and all that power.Does the bike gingerly stay straight or is it hard to hang on to. :confused:

·
Registered
443 Posts
All depends on the direction you are pointed when you pull the trigger! :D Try it some where safe and have the time of your life! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I did it once. Never done it before that. Was at a light and just dumped the clutch and hit the throttle. Rear end spun and front got light feeling, but was not hard at all to control. Just a little counter steering kept it straight. Left a 20 or so foot black line in the road.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've lit mine up a few times....I've never been on a bike that feels this stable with the rear end spinning. My best was leaving an event at approx midnight and of course tires spin EASY when they're cold....
A friend had showed up in his jeep and said that he'd beat me to his house about 1 mile away. I hadn't even started my bike when he took off. I kicked it into first and gave it some wrist...
I saw where I shifted into second and into third....
As he pulled into his garage, I was stopping in his driveway....

As stated, minor countersteer and this bike is a baby with the rear loose!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
very very str8.............easy to handle

No brake on the left side.........obviously................dump and run.........

·
Registered
330 Posts
i left a few of those long ones in a parade that i was in. the people loved it. 13 bad a$$ harleys and one 109....hmmm witch one could light up the rear. and in the rain across an intersection. straight as an arrow. i was very impressed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Its really easy and fun. I don't recommend it because after the first time you will see how cool and easy it is. Then comes the urge to roast that tire every time you ride. It seems that every time i ride i let her rip and i know its killing tire life. Good luck with #1. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was riding with a group on Saturday. We were at a stop sign a couple of blocks from a Harley dealer. Two HD's came up to the stop sign and passed us, revving their engines. When I went by the HD dealer there was a pretty good group outside and the two that passed us were just pulling in. I was going to just blow by the dealership in 1st but when I let er rip the rear tire went up in smoke. I stayed in it the whole time as I passed. Pretty cool. I wonder how many left the HD dealer and went to the Suzuki dealer?

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Are you guys just dumping the clutch?? And what RPM are you holding before you dump it?? I have smoked my tires a couple of times on accident when racing someone but every time I try to do it on purpose the bike seems to hook up real good and start to pull the front wheel...

I really don't know what I am doing differently when I TRY to lite em' up...  :dontknow:

Sweet Pic Lamonster...  :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
It must be the type of pavement you're on. The other day I had the opposite happen to me. I was trying to get the front wheel up, (which I have done before on accident) and the rear just started spinning. But instead of shutting it down I went ahead and left about a 50' mark on the street. And that's only because I had to shut it down to turn into my driveway. But it stayed pretty straight the whole time.

·
Registered
450 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts