M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The story: If you've seen my thread in the General forum, I'm working on designing several different shirts for sale. So this morning my better half and I headed to an abandoned warehouse that has this cool mirrored wall and a large empty parking lot to take many photos so I'd have reference for my shirt art. this is from that.
Here's the disclaimer before you run out and fry your Dunlop. This is photoshop enhanced. Try as I might, I never could get much smoke from the tire. Did a powerstall and got very little. Rolled by my wife and nailed it in first, left a mark 50' to 60' long and just little puffs (got one on video :bigthumbsup:)........so this was actually a still photo that I "modified" for effect. I've got lots of cool slogans to add for shirts so if you bear with me I should have some stuff available in the next week or so.

later

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's another, this is real deal, no touch up! As you can see, not much smoke, but oddly enough the tire sqealed like a car doing a burnout :eek:
Maybe because of the asphalt surface? Who knows....

this is about half way thru. left a mark to that little island on the top right of the pic and it only stopped there because I was running out of lot so I had to back off.
man I love this bike :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
That rear tire is 29000 yen

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ni-i-i-ice JR :bigthumbsup: Don't know why I couldn't get the big smoke. Probably shoulda just parked against the curb and went for it....but my tire almost shot already. need to leave some tread for commuting

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
J R said:
gotta shift to second gear for the rolling John Force freak um out burnout LOL My wife mised the best part of the burn I told her wait till i get rolling and she snapped it before i really got it like i wanted but what the hey :bigthumbsup:
JR please explain. you actually shift while the wheel is burning in first??
Does it stop? or are you fast enough to keep it spinning? Clutch? or no?

Sledzep

·
Registered
752 Posts
We used to call the 1st to 2nd shift the James Bond Super Smoke Machine.

Back when I was young and didn't think of others we would do that at red lights.

People would get so mad!

I probably would now too.

It's making me laugh thinking about it though.

Nice one JR.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
J R said:
yes while your burning in first and it gets up near redline you real fast pull in the clutch and go to second and then she will REALLY go up in smoke now let off the front brake and put your feet on the pegs and roll with it :evil: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: I tell ya what when this tire is about gone and i prder another ill do some killer ones with instructions and pics :bigthumbsup:
I tried tonight just to get going in 1st and failed. It bicked like a bronco! and now the clutch slips!!!
Calling the dealer in the AM (playing ignorant) if it is still slipping after cooling.

Sledzep

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just a thought, but did you try a little oil on your rear tire, so it will heat up from sitting in one place during a burn out????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts