M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
nicely done,
where did you put the turn signals? you relocated them, but how did you put them there?
did you make a piece of metal or bought one? if so where did you attach it?
love the plate. :bigthumbsup:
greetz glenn

·
Registered
191 Posts
aha,
we do not have the reflectors all around the bike in europe.
thats why i didn't find the spot to relocate them.
i just made it myself and put them more towards the backside.
if you get rid of all the plastic in the back, there is a metal plate where the fender is tightened on and thats where i put em.
they are right behind the chrome things on the side of the fender.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Nice... now get that sticker off the tank... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
gaMrider said:
i like it think i'll do it, if you don't mind???? looks cool m-a-n!!!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
The only issue I see with that signal placement is if you ever want to use saddle bags, you won't be able to because the signals are right at the strut.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell me about it hopefully I will be debadging it soon keep forgetting to bring home my heat gun. I was going to do that once I lowered it

·
Registered
532 Posts
Medic1210 said:
The only issue I see with that signal placement is if you ever want to use saddle bags, you won't be able to because the signals are right at the strut.Â
There is one other problem with it. I put mine in the same place, and while I like them there, you have to be kinda careful about handling them afterward. That bracket for the reflectors is really weak, and with the extra leverage of the signals hanging out there, you could bend it into the rotation of your tire pretty easily. I'm thinking about fabbing a stronger bracket and mounting it in the same place.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
eire1965 said:
with the extra leverage of the signals hanging out there, you could bend it into the rotation of your tire pretty easily.
Theoretically.... maybe. But, you would have to really bend them pretty good to even get them close to the tire inside the fender well... And to bend them into the rotation of the tire would suggest bending them while actually driving.... which would be very difficult, even for a passenger to do. I mean, do you really think you would bend them that far while stopped and then start driving to catch them with the tire?

·
Registered
532 Posts
No, what I really meant was that they bend so easily, that you could possibly bend them without noticing it. And I'm not worried about the large part of the signal hitting the tire. The threaded tube used for mounting the signal sticks out about 1/2 inch behind the bracket and I'm concerned about that hitting the tire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I cut down my threaded part I did not like how you could see it from the back, but I do understand what you are saying because they are somewhat weak brackets. I was kind of in a hurry so I did not get that far with it

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah, I was kind of like you. I couldn't wait to get that mud flap off, but I like the look of the stock turn signals and I saw those brackets as the easiest and quickest way to remount them. It wasn't until I was re-drilling them that I realized how weak they were. I thought about cutting the threaded tube also, but I was in a big hurry also and I just mounted them.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
eire1965 said:
There is one other problem with it. I put mine in the same place, and while I like them there, you have to be kinda careful about handling them afterward. That bracket for the reflectors is really weak, and with the extra leverage of the signals hanging out there, you could bend it into the rotation of your tire pretty easily. I'm thinking about fabbing a stronger bracket and mounting it in the same place.
Did the relocation and used aluminum angle for the brackets. They are solid. I agree that the stock reflector brackets are too fragile for mounting the lights. I used the OEM 10mm bolt and hole to mount the brackets!

I'm really satisfied with the results of the relocated stockers. They're a good looking light and they are, IMHO, enhanced by the chrome fender support in their new location.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts