M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
perhaps one you experienced guys can help me diagnose a problem I have on my bike. The bike accelerates fine but when I desaccelerate and come back to it( acceleration) it kind of gets sluggish and at times makes like funny valve noise( like out of timing). What could be causing this?? Just starting to do some mods but no major ones yet...any help would be greatly appreciated since it is hard to find an m109 here much less a mechanic...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Some simple questions first. Is the FI light on? Do you have a power commander or equivalent attached to the bike? How many miles are on the bike? Are the Air boxes original and have the filters been cleaned?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some simple questions first. Is the FI light on? Do you have a power commander or equivalent attached to the bike? How many miles are on the bike? Are the Air boxes original and have the filters been cleaned?
No F1 light on. Original everything... 2600 miles on the bike.. Thanks

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Maybe it is the gas you are getting down there? :dontknow: You are running high test right?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it is the gas you are getting down there? :dontknow: You are running high test right?
Yeah. The gas here is either 91 or 95 octanes... I use 91 since the 95 tends to screw the gas punp..

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
What rpm are you running it down to? They don't like dropping much below 2500 rpm and still accelerating. It could be spark knock you're hearing from lugging it.

You can pick up from 2000 rpm if you give it throttle gradually, but it's not like a HD where you can lug it down to near idle and still pick up.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
What rpm are you running it down to? They don't like dropping much below 2500 rpm and still accelerating. It could be spark knock you're hearing from lugging it.

You can pick up from 2000 rpm if you give it throttle gradually, but it's not like a HD where you can lug it down to near idle and still pick up.
I keep forgetting about that one Zoom. I mean who drives a 9 that way? :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

well that is a thought....will check that next time i get home... have not really seen the rpms when it does that... the problem is work keeps me away from home a lot and when I gget there I just leave the car and hop into the bike ... Have not taken any long rides lately, only city rides... And that is when I have noticed the problem. Thank you very much for all the sound advise. definitely will check that:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I keep forgetting about that one Zoom. I mean who drives a 9 that way? :evil: :evil:
well I guess I was doing it:redfaced:. ....yeah ZOOM that was the problem. rode yesterday with my mom , a little slower and without revving up and down in the traffic, and paid more attention to the rpms. Did not have any problems at all. I guess I was letting it go below 2500. Thanks for clearing that doubt for me . One learns something new every day....
Definitely a great forum.... and the best part is there ARE some patient people who put up with us simple mortals ...LOL

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep. That was it. Rode again this weekend. No problem at all while not letting it go below 2500rpm. will probably be asking a bunch of questions next week when al my little mods get here although I have seen most answers are already posted. Once again thanks zoom , hink , rynosback and everyone that always help forum members with their questions and give precise answers:bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts