M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep receiving PMs from people who tell me that MAW doesn't have the adapter kits for putting the Spitfire windshield on our bars. They clearly still show them as avaiable on their web site and I've pointed this out to some of these people who have inquired about them. I've also directed some folks to Dennis Kirk and other online retailers who also list them in stock.
The following is from the MAW website and you'll find it if you scroll to the end of the Slipstreamer site. It clearly still lists the adapters as available.

(86740)Â Â Â $11.95 Slipstreamer 1 1/4" Handlebar Adapter Kit Mfg.#: S114C

The next ad here is from Dennis Kirk and also shows an in-stock status for these adaters.

Slip Streamer 1 1/4 in. Windshield Clamp Kit
Dennis Kirk Part #: 231398
Manufacturer Part #: S11/4C
Type: Windshield
Units: each
    Â

2 in Stock

These brackets are listed on most sites that carry Slipstreamer products, often under accessories, etc. I hope this will assist people looking for these brackets. And no for those who have inquired you can't use the 1" brackets on our 1.25" bars. You need to order the shield, which will come with the the smaller brackets, and then order the adapters separately.
Between the shield and the adapter brackets, the cost is still only $57.90 total on the Maw site.Â
http://www.mawonline.com/slipstre.htm
And no, they will probably not give you a rebate on the bracket set that you don't use.
I hope this helps some of you folks who have decided to use this shield.
Jer

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check the Slipstreamer patterns on the above web site and see if any appeal to you.
At this stage, it's a matter of looking around until you find someting that'll mount on the 109.
Plus, Ilke the fact it's on or off in about 10 seconds.
Most of the time I ride without but it helps for a lot of top speed bug in your teeth stuff.
Jer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts