M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From day one I've experienced this problem... but it is very intermittent. It will happen in 2nd or 3rd gears generally, only under WOT. I will shift into the gear (either third or second) and the bike will pull hard as can be. However... after a bit the bike will fall flat on it's face. The motor still holds revs (it's not on the rev limiter), but the bike stops pulling hard. If I stay in it the bike after 1-2 seconds will begin to pull hard again just as normal. My hand is not covering the clutch, so accidentaly pulling in the clutch is ruled out, and the clutch engages and holds wonderful otherwise. ANY ideas? The dealer doesn't give a crap about anything... they always have a smart excuse or answer to prevent them from having to look at the bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've experienced the exact same thing shifting into 2nd. It feels more like the ignition timing backing way down. Not sure why Suzuki would think this is necessary. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Sounds like the engine not the clutch. Like its running out of something as it spools up so quickly. Others have reported it also. Some believed it could be the restrictive air intake, others believe fuel or timing...
I would check the easy stuff first. New gas from a different source, check the air filters, Plug wires seated? Maybe check their color? Fuel filter clogged?

Sledzep

G

·
I've experienced something like that going from 3rd to 4th. Thought it was a mis-shift. Hasn't happened since. Would be curious to know WTF.

·
Registered
122 Posts
NOPE , NO PROBLEMS HERE. MY BIKE IS STOCK. BUT, HAVE YOU ADDED THE JSD3M TO YOUR BIKE? I HAVE HEARD SOME FUNNY THINGS ABOUT THEM. I AM A LITTLE SCARED TO DO THIS DUE TO CRAZY IDLE PROBLEMS. SOME HAVE REPORTED THAT THEY START IT UP AND IT IDLED AT 3500 RPM THEN SHUT IT OFF AND IT ACTS NORMAL. SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT ABOUT THAT.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you wearing gloves, if the back of your fingers "pushes out" slightly on the cluch lever you will get the feeling you described. There is some sort of safety switch on both levers that kills power if the levers are pushed out a bit. Its also possible you have a bad switch on one lever that might be causing the symtoms.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I wonder if the 109 electronics are sensing something falsely or correctly which is retarding the ignition timeing.  This would have the effect of taking the wind out of your sails! :doorag:

G

·
hayabusa575 said:
Are you wearing gloves, if the back of your fingers "pushes out" slightly on the cluch lever you will get the feeling you described. There is some sort of safety switch on both levers that kills power if the levers are pushed out a bit. Its also possible you have a bad switch on one lever that might be causing the symtoms.
Someone else posted this and I have tried it have not had this problem and could not recreate it, with the levers that is.

GVAL who has two posts about this has found out that it was a bad fuel pump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts