M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer doesnt seem to know what our inlet size is for a slip on pipe (im removing the factory slip ons, but keeping the heatshields and pipes and im going to y-pipe a two into one for this exhaust) I'm out of town right now and wont be back until late tomorrow... anyone know what the inlet size is so i can finally order this damn thing? I've heard two different answers so far 2.5 and 1.5 in so.... ????

·
Registered
158 Posts
right now I'm not at home so can't check. But PM one of the guys that works on pipes all the time :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
M109 Widow said:
you cant just slip on anything, as only one of the pipes is detachable ....the other is welded solid to the catalytic converter ,and all the way thru the set vave assy and up to the primary bend .At that piont the two primary header pipes that attch to the head have a slip joint....no slip on for you sir ,sorry :doorag:
You are correct. Page 7-12 of the Service Manual shows a exploded view of the entire exhaust system. Only the upper muffler is removable from the collector box aft of the SET valve. The lower muffler is welded to the collector. Technically speaking, if you removed the upper muffler and capped the outlet pipe for it, you would have a two into one system utilizing only the lower muffler!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm... would my dealer be willing to cut and weld? They told me they could put it on....

J R its all good man. I just reallllllllllly want to get this exhaust on it...

Do you think I should get some cobra dragsters and cut and slip on??? Or is that just frivolousy spent money?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts