M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trip #1 to the shop was for the overfilling of oil. Problem solved.

Trip # 2 to the shop was to identify the green waxy substance leaking down the left side of bike. After an hour, it was identified as "Cosmoline"? Supposedly a substance that is sprayed on the bike at the factory before crating to protect against corrosion. No big deal.

Trip #3 is for ALL of the following reasons. A). Speddo needle was bouncing back and forth between 70-120 when I was doing a mere 30-35mph. B). Bike was running WAY to hot. C). Damn thing shut off on me and would not restart (Unrelated to heat as I had just started it.) No power whatsoever.

Dealer has had the thing for 6 days now and still hasnt put it on a lift. I am about to get nasty with these folks. The way I see it, this deal better get "sweetened" somehow, like some free stuff for the bike. Set of Hard Krome side burners would be nice.

All this and I have only had the bike 2 1/2 weeks with only 400 miles on it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Can't blame you for the frustration. It's been my recent experiance that the days of sweetening a spoiled pot went the way of the Edsel during the last decade. Bike dealers are a tough lot. Friendly disposition may hasten performance. Good luck!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Overfilling was fairly common problem related to poorly trained and/or supervised techs during setup. Not cleaning up cosmoline is same BS.
Speedo wackiness happened to a number of us, myself included, and after setting overnight just went away for most of us. I've put on 4,000miles since with no recurrences.
How do you know it was running way too hot? Did the heat gauge come on? I'm just curious. If indeed this was a real problem, it too could be related to an untrained tech.
Did you check all the usual reasons for unexplained stopping and not starting? Things like a loose ground wire, accidentally hitting kill switch on right control side, not being in neutral and having clutch fully disengaged, or if in gear, having sidestand fully up.? Sometimes I've had friends miss the obvious.
With the problems you're reporting, the first thing I'd do is go to the dealer and check out the bike and see if it might have cured itself. If so, I'd take it and go riding. If not, I'd ask to talk to the owner, and ask how to contact the Suzuki service rep to see if you can get the dealer motivated. God man, it's a new bike and you should be riding.
Good luck no matter what happens,
Jerbear

b said:
Trip #1 to the shop was for the overfilling of oil. Problem solved.

Trip # 2 to the shop was to identify the green waxy substance leaking down the left side of bike. After an hour, it was identified as "Cosmoline"? Supposedly a substance that is sprayed on the bike at the factory before crating to protect against corrosion. No big deal.

Trip #3 is for ALL of the following reasons. A). Speddo needle was bouncing back and forth between 70-120 when I was doing a mere 30-35mph. B). Bike was running WAY to hot. C). Damn thing shut off on me and would not restart (Unrelated to heat as I had just started it.) No power whatsoever.

Dealer has had the thing for 6 days now and still hasnt put it on a lift. I am about to get nasty with these folks. The way I see it, this deal better get "sweetened" somehow, like some free stuff for the bike. Set of Hard Krome side burners would be nice.

All this and I have only had the bike 2 1/2 weeks with only 400 miles on it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry about your luck. When I got my bike I had about 300 miles on it when it just died on me while driving down the road. No power to do anything. The dealer said that the battery they installed had a bad cell in it and it totally lost it's charge. They put a new battery in it and I haven't had not one problem since. That has been about 2 months ago. I don't know if a low or dead battery would have any affect on the problems you described in problem #3 or not. Best of luck. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts