M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the day to take the 9 down, way down. I finally got the 9 down 2 inches and boy want a difference it makes. I was grinning from ear to ear. Also a special thanks to Dan "Slunglow109r" for his help. couldn't have done it with out him.
Here are some before and after shots of how low it is.

· Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have yet to take it on the twistys.. thats gonna be fun. The look of it is what gets me, that tire tucking up under the fender is awsome. I'm gonna try to set the shock at a higher setting to see if i can get 2 people on without rubbing the tire on the fender.

· Registered
4,109 Posts
just a warning , the two bolts holding the brake light stick thru the rear fender into the wheel well ,and sometimes touch the tire on lowered nines ,its no really big deal just watch the rear tread for marks , they will tell you if it's too low
I have the two inch bones on mine and i noticed the marks occasonally
i will be taking a rider to The Dragon this May ,and the stock bones will be RE-istalled by then :bigthumbsup:

· Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great bro. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

I bet those were Yana Shiki 2" bones, since it looks like mine. They lower them more than 2", more like 2 1/2".
Thanks.. They were cycle house. Compared to slunglow which had the adjustable bones it looked about the same drop. I think the shock setting had something to do with it though.:dontknow: could be wrong

· Registered
3,065 Posts
Just to let you guys know. Reasons beyond your control. Having the nine slammed when riding is not a good thing. You have a car jump out in front of you with not much room for error. You will be slamming your slammed nine right into the car. I'm not trying to be a azz here. I had it happen to me about two weeks ago..Woman pulls out of a parking lot with out stopping at the curb trying to time it to get to the other side of the street. Four lane mind you. When she realized what she did she stopped right in my two lanes. Now I'm up on my front wheel doing the right left dance to figure out where i was going to go. Only one way to go in front of her. had no room to go behind her because of side walk or shoot for the parking lot. So last min i drag my pin to the left to get to the front of her car and drag pin right to not go into the on coming cars. Now mind you every thing is slow motion to me and as i go left then right I look inside the car and all i see on that girls face was death...LMFAO.. I'm not saying not to do it, I'm just saying be careful. My god be with you all this coming season.

Dave @ NES.stone

· Registered
3,712 Posts
:dontknow: That story makes absolutely no sense and has nothing to do with lowering your bike 2" or not.
:agree: :dontknow: That was just retarded

· Registered
3,065 Posts
What is it that you don't understand? The part of dragging your junk on the road and not be able to get out of a situation?:doh: You guys make me laugh.

Your right guys. You don't understand. LMFAO.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.