M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

This winter I installed a brakeaway throttle lock and Kurakyn grips. After reinstalling everything I didn't notice but now after riding a bit I have noticed that I have 1/8th turn or so of slack in my throttle before it actually pulls the cable and does its job. This has been driving me nuts.

I have adjusted the cable out as far as I can with the black screw thing on the housing but need some more. Can this be adjusted at all on the other end and where on the bike do I find it?

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey Guys,

This winter I installed a brakeaway throttle lock and Kurakyn grips. After reinstalling everything I didn't notice but now after riding a bit I have noticed that I have 1/8th turn or so of slack in my throttle before it actually pulls the cable and does its job. This has been driving me nuts.

I have adjusted the cable out as far as I can with the black screw thing on the housing but need some more. Can this be adjusted at all on the other end and where on the bike do I find it?

Thanks
Sure, yank the left side air cleaner off, and behind it you will find the throttle cable adjuster assembly.

You'll need to loosen the throttle cable lock nut for each cable, then turn in the throttle cable adjuster for each cable until tight. You should have them snug up against the throttle cable adjuster assembly. Then tighten the throttle cable lock nuts back up. Now you can adjust the cable at the bars to remove any slack.

It's a bit of a PITA getting to those nuts, just be patient with it, and make sure you get the lock nuts tight, or you'll be popping your cables out while you ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts