M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Now I would probably wear that full face!  :bigthumbsup:

I just noticed it's overseas it's hard to trust that because there is sooo many scams on E Bay now but it's still cool! I emailed the ad to one of my fellow Big Dog buddies whose bike is based on skeletons and told him this would be a good helmet to wear in the winter! :p

·
Registered
638 Posts
Im with you on that one :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3:

But what excuse would you give to the cop when he pulls you over and says this isnt DOT and do you trust that Brazilian stamp?

I wonder if you can have dot approved it considering it has the Brazilian stamp? :dontknow:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
take a DOT sticker off another helmet. I remove all the decals from my helmet. never heard of a cop asking about your helmet, but it's not mandatory in Okla. either

·
Registered
642 Posts
But what excuse would you give to the cop when he pulls you over and says this isnt DOT and do you trust that Brazilian stamp?

I can tell you I've never had a cop stop me for a non DOT helmet and I've been all over the place with them sitting behind me at stop lights, parking lots etc, etc! I think it might be one of those deals like with seat belts they can't stop you just for that reason but if you get pulled for another infraction then they can ticket you for the other things they find but I could be all wet on this one.

·
Registered
642 Posts
i don't think DOT would approve it because of the visibility limitations

I bet the visibility is better then you think, that picture looking inside is at a bad angle but I bet those eyes are large enough to see very well. Either way it's different I'm sure it would draw alot of attention either this kind :cop: or this kind :bigthumbsup: .

·
Registered
775 Posts
i'm in one of those states where they pull you over just for the seatbelt law. already had a ticket for it (only 25$, but very aggivating) riding partner of mine actually did get pulled over for that DOT sticker (shocked the heck out of me). gave him a 250$ ticket. was the MDOT that pulled him over for the infraction on the interstate.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
walker said:
i don't think DOT would approve it because of the visibility limitations
I'm with ya on the visibility... Since it looks like somebody maybe worked the face onto a regular helmet, the eyes are much farther forward. This is gonna give you next to no peripheral vision. That's one hell of a safety issue right there. Hope the helmet really works, cause you're gonna be putting it to the test if you ride with it. Yikes.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
booda said:
I bet the visibility is better then you think, that picture looking inside is at a bad angle but I bet those eyes are large enough to see very well.
There is no way you're gonna have good visibility. Helmets give you good visability by wrapping the visor around your face to give you good peripheral vision. The eye holes on that do not wrap around, and they even jut out farther than the standard visor would on a normal helmet. That is just like a horse with blinders on. You will not be able to see anything but what's practically straight in front of you. Put on a set of Oxy/Acetalene goggles and you should have a decent idea of how your visibility would be compromised.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't think about it until it was mentioned, but visibility does look like it sucks. It's probably uncomfortable and provides minimal protection...but the cool factor is still high. Has anyone ever tried modding a helmet? I mean besides paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts