M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from testing it out and all I can say is It is so Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I have the 1st baffle completely removed and drilled out the pipes, It has really brought the bike to life :D :D :D :D If anyone is interested I can do a how to on the air intake mod and I am thinking if you guys want it about taking the template I used and scanning it and all you have to do is print it and put it under the Plexiglas and mark it and cut it out. Does anyone know of a K&N filter that will fit ???????

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
BearCom said:
I just got back from testing it out and all I can say is It is so Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I have the 1st baffle completely removed and drilled out the pipes, It has really brought the bike to life :D :D :D :D If anyone is interested I can do a how to on the air intake mod and I am thinking if you guys want it about taking the template I used and scanning it and all you have to do is print it and put it under the Plexiglas and mark it and cut it out. Does anyone know of a K&N filter that will fit ???????
WHAT???
Show us what you are talking about please

Sledzep

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys I was just pretty excited. Ok here we go, this is the intake some people was saying looked like a skeeter net

And the baffle I have taken out of the exhaust is this

And the template is this

This is a pic of the one I crack, I made a new one

Hope you understand now, sorry I was in my own little world :D

Would 110 octane hurt the bike ???

Ok I give how do you post a link to your pics on frapper, then you guys can go and see the pics full size ??? :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:bigthumbsup: ...................... But ,can we see some bigger pictures .......... please ................ :p ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks JR, Welllll I am 93 miles in on a tank of about 4 gal of the 110 stuff ( Sometimes I do things will out thinking LIKE THAT  :swear: ) Should I take the tank off and drain it ????? HELP I didn't know it was leaded  :edit:

It runs hard and wants more, runung at 90,100 and throttle it and it pulls hard :hot: :yikes: Good Golly Miss Molly :D

What pics do you want blown up I will have to retake them since I set the camera on low for emailing with out having to compress it. I have to take them back off and do some finishing touches so it may be alittle while.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again JR, hey if you get some time could you hook me up with the details on your exhaust mod with a twist :D That ones on my to do list, it looks awesome you did a great job :bigthumbsup:

Bonehead said:
:bigthumbsup: ...................... But ,can we see some bigger pictures .......... please ................ :p ;)
Could you tell me how to post a direct link to my photos on frapper, they are full size there :redfaced: I can't get it to work

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ITguy said:
Your work looks very good. I would imagine it runs like a real beast now. :bigthumbsup:

If you are worried about the 110 you could syphon most of it out the old fashioned way with a piece of rubber tubing then add regular 91-93 to dilute the rest.
Â
As far as your pics go try this:
1. Go to frapper and view in large mode.
2. Right click on the photo and choose properties.
3. Highlight and copy the part that says target.
4. In your post click the "insert image" button at the top and place your curser between the ][.
     Â

Do you or anyone else have concerns about the filtering quality of these foam filters versus a paper filter or a K&N??????

I've done the skeeter intakes as well but went a slightly different route. I ended up reshaping the metal screen to attach it around the back half of the air intake (black part). It holds the filter in place, doesn't have any gaps and doesn't move so I think it will be fine. Brought the intakes in closer to the bike as well. Of course I covered the original circle inlet and filled the screw holes.Â

Added a pciii as well but currently running with the stock map. Took about 8 hours to do both mods (till 4:30 this morning). Putting the inner air box back in place was a real pain in the a$$. :verymad: I didn't have much chance to test it out today and only got to ride about 8 miles but the ol' buttdyno says it is much stronger. Weather permitting I'll get to the track Friday to see if my 1/8th's improve any.

Waiting on a spare set of pipes that are at the welders getting the JR mod done. After they are on it is time for a custom map.
Thanks it, just went out and put 3gal in here to mix it up some more thanks. I used a Holly brand and it has a plastic bracket that pushs the foam in to the screen. Oh thanks for the advice about frapper :bigthumbsup:

When you test her you are going to fall in love all over again, she runs HARD :D. Let me know how it goes at the track. I am surpose to be getting some pipes very soon to do the same thing. How are you doing yours ?
I do have concerns about the foam filter and this week IÂ will be working on a idea of making a adapter to put a K&N filter on it or in the existing one. I got caught in the rain today ( Which Hurts Like Heck ) and was thinking about water getting in to the engine.

I am also trying to come up with a screen of some sort to go over the neck hole for a back up. If I am thinking right on how you did yours why not use the oem filter as well with yours ???

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thanks for the bigger pics BearCom :bigthumbsup:

G

·
It is good to see someone so excited about their ride. In the words of Jim Belushi, " Easy Windmill". Good goin bro. Like what you have done. :p :p

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
BearCom said:
Thanks it, just went out and put 3gal in here to mix it up some more thanks. I used a Holly brand and it has a plastic bracket that pushs the foam in to the screen. Oh thanks for the advice about frapper :bigthumbsup:

When you test her you are going to fall in love all over again, she runs HARD :D. Let me know how it goes at the track. I am surpose to be getting some pipes very soon to do the same thing. How are you doing yours ?
I do have concerns about the foam filter and this week IÂ will be working on a idea of making a adapter to put a K&N filter on it or in the existing one. I got caught in the rain today ( Which Hurts Like Heck ) and was thinking about water getting in to the engine.

I am also trying to come up with a screen of some sort to go over the neck hole for a back up. If I am thinking right on how you did yours why not use the oem filter as well with yours ???
Not to worry, I have been caught in a good down pour while running down the highway with no ill effects or problems! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Chuck :bigthumbsup:

Well I saw where a guy did a different air intake mod and thought I would check it out but I am not sure about it.

Not real comfortable about how it mounts with a rubber boot, I would hate to have it fall off. I couldn't find the filter he used and I think I got a bigger one :dontknow:

Its real easy autozone has the parts, they guy that posted it to begin with deserves all credit.

·
Registered
476 Posts
BearCom, looks really good, I think this is the route I want to go, Is there a way I could get a copy of that template, guess I'm to lazy to try to take things apart if I don't have too. Were those filters Holly or Edelbrock, did you remove the name plate, glued or soldered?
Looks GOOOD.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bearcom, I would also be intrested in your template and to know where you picked your intakes up at. Looks great, good work :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys :bigthumbsup: I have to take them back off and what I will do is scan the template in the computer and at that point you can print it and cut it out, it fits on a sheet of paper. I have come up with another idea I am working on and if it works out I will be willing to sell mine. They are Holley and the little tag is soft metal you can bend and take off. I picked up the intakes at Advance auto, autozone has the Edelbrook as well but they only had 1 and advance had 2 of these. The cool thing about this mod is there is no change to your air box. I did drill a hole through the filter on each side for the top bolts to put a allen key through.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You got it dogman, I should find out in the next couple days if my idea will work or not.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Bearcom, hope your new idea for the intake is working out. I'm anxiously awaiting your template and to see your new idea. Man, I wish I was that creative. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts