M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call for the dealer today. Looks as if it's $7500.00 in damages so far not counting labor and they're not done yet. They say that they'll have the final figures by late tommorow afternoon. They say that it's going to be real close when it comes to my bike being totalled. However, my insurance or her insurance company will have to make the call on that. I'm pretty bummed but if the bike is that trashed then so be it.

I don't mind starting from scratch, if necessary. Brand new 2009 LE, if that's what it takes.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
wow that was some crash!!!! Really glad you are here to talk about it. And $7500?? Sounds totaled to me..........

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
It shouldnt take this long to get a Estimate , ???

I'll bet the wait is making your recovery Sting alittle more and I'm sorry for you, Just Glad your Here to Share with us :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
wow that was some crash!!!! Really glad you are here to talk about it. And $7500?? Sounds totaled to me..........
:agree: Time to do some shopping! Really glad though, your here telling us this NO JOKE! Hopefully after the dust settles you can get ,if any the good parts off it.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
It shouldnt take this long to get a Estimate , ???

I'll bet the wait is making your recovery Sting alittle more and I'm sorry for you, Just Glad your Here to Share with us :bigthumbsup:
:agree:My insurance co. was at my house the day after my wreck and I had a check in hand before a week had passed. :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That's $7500.00 in damages and counting and not done yet, not including labor

I'm calling my insurance company tommorow to do an estimate because they'll have to make the call as far as the bike being totalled or not. I don't mind starting from scratch again if that's what it takes. I have a line on two brand new 2009 LE's each selling for $9500.00 each and only 300 miles from my location.

I just want to ride again. Nothing and I mean nothing is going to keep me from riding a motorcycle again. I just want it to be a 2009 LE. I really loved that bike. I miss her ALOT!!

Took so long because I had to have it transported from the impound lot in Louisville to the dealer in Elizabethtown. I've been laid up with injuries and couldn't get it myself.

I have an appointment with my attorney this Thursday and the two officers who were at the scene of the accident said that the perp said that she did indeed turn in front of me so they said that they would be available for statements or court appearances if necessary. The reporting officer is even redoing/filing the accident report so it shows more detail (Her at fault).

I'll be back in the saddle again soon folks.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
with the info we have, it should be totalled.
Mine was the only vehicle involved in my wreck so it made the whole ordeal a little easier. also, my ins. adjuster told me I could take any aftermarket parts I wanted off of the bike before they came to pick it up even though they had paid me for them. as long as it was "more or less" a complete bike. For instance, I gave my chrome switch covers to a neighbor but he had to come swap out his factory ones. I pulled bags and mounts, a kewl tach mount - heck, I cant even remember everything I yanked off of it. I know I saved close to $1000. in mods that weren't hurt.
Thanks progressive!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Mine was the only vehicle involved too

However, I think it flipped but don't recall that part. I remember laying it down on the left side to avoid tboning her vehicle, breaking my ribs and really bruising up my hip and azz but it came to rest on its right side so I think it flipped after catching the pavement ending up on its right side hence all the collateral damage. Just glad that I wasn't caught under it that would've REALLY HURT.

with the info we have, it should be totalled.
Mine was the only vehicle involved in my wreck so it made the whole ordeal a little easier. also, my ins. adjuster told me I could take any aftermarket parts I wanted off of the bike before they came to pick it up even though they had paid me for them. as long as it was "more or less" a complete bike. For instance, I gave my chrome switch covers to a neighbor but he had to come swap out his factory ones. I pulled bags and mounts, a kewl tach mount - heck, I cant even remember everything I yanked off of it. I know I saved close to $1000. in mods that weren't hurt.
Thanks progressive!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RIP Baby

Rest in peace my steed........

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I got out of shape in a turn- got on the rear brakes too hard and high-sided. my bike continued into a ditch(minus me) and the front end hit a concrete pipe running under a driveway. The impact bent the forks and she was totalled from there. The adjuster didn't go any farther once he priced the fork assembly. I know I'd hate to buy one of these bikes one piece at a time.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
772 Posts
tbar, if you need it, I know where theres a brand new 09LE still on the showroom floor if no one has purchsed it in the last week or so....its in Knoxville TN, not too far from you I think...I'll call them in the morning and make sure no one has snached it and I'll ask price as well...

CP

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool, thanks bro

You can contact me at (270) 766-7711.

tbar, if you need it, I know where theres a brand new 09LE still on the showroom floor if no one has purchsed it in the last week or so....its in Knoxville TN, not too far from you I think...I'll call them in the morning and make sure no one has snached it and I'll ask price as well...

CP

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Got a call for the dealer today. Looks as if it's $7500.00 in damages so far not counting labor and they're not done yet.
It is totaled. And if they do not total it you should try and make them. Heal up and best of luck getting your 2011 M109R. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yea, I think you're right

It's got to be totalled. I'm going to replace it with another 2009 LE. Starting from scratch.........

It is totaled. And if they do not total it you should try and make them. Heal up and best of luck getting your 2011 M109R. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hope you get your new 2009 LE, or maybe have a look at the 2010..
Black with the orange stripes are awsome

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about these wrecks. I hope I am not faced with this. Yes I know we have insurance and all that, but it is just so much trauma to have to endure all the way around.

Ride soon. Heal sooner.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2009 LE For Sure.............

I have a line on two that are within 300+ miles of my location and they only want $9500.00 for each of them.

Hope you get your new 2009 LE, or maybe have a look at the 2010..
Black with the orange stripes are awsome

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Only one left now F%$#

Just checked the Internet this morning and now there's only one left for $9500.00. I need to get my insurance company to total the bike before I lose out on this deal - :edit:

I have a line on two that are within 300+ miles of my location and they only want $9500.00 for each of them.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Just checked the Internet this morning and now there's only one left for $9500.00. I need to get my insurance company to total the bike before I lose out on this deal - :edit:
Contact that dealership, explain your situation to them, and ask them if they would accept a refundable down payment to hold the bike pending the outcome of whether or not your bike it determined to be totalled or not. It is worth a try.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.