M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lamonster this site is growing so fast it is hard to keep up. I would like to suggest that if possible you add a category selection as well as the subject selection. For example under the tech board we could have 1. Modifications 2. General maintenace 3. Issues for new owners 4. Specific problems. It might make it easier to find what we are looking for because so many of the Subject information is not really specific.
Thanks again for this wonderful site. It made me really understand this new toy. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :p :)

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
taijiman said:
Lamonster this site is growing so fast it is hard to keep up. I would like to suggest that if possible you add a category selection as well as the subject selection. For example under the tech board we could have 1. Modifications 2. General maintenace 3. Issues for new owners 4. Specific problems. It might make it easier to find what we are looking for because so many of the Subject information is not really specific.
Thanks again for this wonderful site. It made me really understand this new toy. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :p :)
We have found that the more categories you have the more confused people get. ::) I have tried it both ways and this way works best and the search feature on this board works really well. Even now we have tech stuff being posted on the General board and general stuff being posted on the picture board. I try and move those post around so there is some sort order. ::)

The How To board will help make the post that are really used for referance easy to find.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lamont, is it possible to do an archive section to each category? At least this would move some of the old stuff off the main categories without losing anything. Just a suggestion.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Austin109 said:
Lamont, is it possible to do an archive section to each category? At least this would move some of the old stuff off the main categories without losing anything. Just a suggestion.
I could create an archive board but I'm not sure how that would doing anything for you. The only post that show up on the first few pages are newer post anyway. The search would still search all the boards unless you told it to do otherwise.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lamont,
  Thank you so much for creating a site where all us knucklheads can call home.   Would you consider a trip report/ gathering report spot where we could show off our rides or .. maybe some Hooter Girls at a get together.. :evil:

·
Registered
525 Posts
taijiman, are actually thinking of refined search versus archive? Archives, normally happen when a discussion board changes drastically. I.e going from one type of board to the next like: PHPBB to IPB to SMF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts