1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

I just got my new sissybar and rack from:

http://www.metcruze.com.au

Its strong, well made and well finished. You could do worse. I much prefer the bike without the pillion seat but this will certianly make things more practical for the trip . . . now I just have to get her on the bike. Also check out http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=415.0Â for more photos of how it goes together etc.

Morgs

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
It looks great without the side mounts that most will have... but i would worry about is strength....

BUT, you have one and I dont so you are ahead of the game...

·
Registered
817 Posts
Needs to be smaller and lower. Ever seen the one HD sells for the V-Rods? THAT'S what this bike needs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The whole thing is very strong being made of 1/2" (?) solid bar and it doesn't flex. The seat has been also reinforced. It works and its easily removable. Its a bit big but practical.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Aussie109 said:
Maybe he makes them lower when you don't have the rack as mine is lower.
Interesting. I wonder why... there doesn't seem to be any need to make it taller just because there's a rack on there.

Yours is about the right height. Now, if the pad were about 50% smaller, we'd be in business.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aussie 109 , I see you have aftermarket pegs on yours ,, are they Kuryakyn ? I have been wanting to get some but wasn't sure about the adapters for them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
zebber said:
Aussie 109 , I see you have aftermarket pegs on yours ,, are they Kuryakyn ? I have been wanting to get some but wasn't sure about the adapters for them.
Yes they are.
The adaptors I chose seem to have a little more play in them compared to stock (nothing a shim wouldn't fix) but seem to work fine.
Here is what I ordered
Item Qty Description Status Unit Price Discount Total
KY-7963 1 Dually ISO Pegs without ends
KY-7939 1 Drivers footpeg adapter
KY-8851 1 Shift Peg Cover

The shift peg cover required removal of the std rubber then use of some fuel hose on the shaft first to allow it to fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts