M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i wanna see how low people are going...cause i think i am going pretty low but i still have rather big stripes on my tire...right at the end of the tread pattern..i wanna know if anyone has gone lower., like all the way to the sidewall...pics please!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sissy strips? I think you mean chicken stripes, at least thats what they call them around here. In my opinion it will be hard to get them all the way to the sidewall for the simple fact that our pegs touch down before you can lean that far.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
if you look hard you can see about a quarter inch that hasn't been used
:bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Hmmm... Your pic is making me feel good... I had pretty even tire wear out to within about 1/4 of the sidewall. Unfortunately no pics though as I replaced them the day before yesterday with Metzelers (Front and rear).

:doorag:Â :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
i dont know about chicken stripes lol. never heard of it but did hit the pegs the other day. :D really wasnt that fun. the coner was fun but not hitting the pegs...ouch scary..

·
Registered
326 Posts
slickdj96 said:
Sissy strips? I think you mean chicken stripes, at least thats what they call them around here. In my opinion it will be hard to get them all the way to the sidewall for the simple fact that our pegs touch down before you can lean that far.
:p It gets easier once you replace the pegs. My Pilot pegs don't had the feelers so you can get it over further before they start rubbing.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
The heels of my riding boots always drag before the pegs so I get a warning before I start scraping...  :evil:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've wasted the heels on two pairs of boots (it's FUN) and ground down the feelers on the pegs. Great fun!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :a18: :a18: :2cool: :2cool: :2cool: :2cool:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
just a little info for new shaft drive riders, the key is to select the gear you need before going into the corner.If you back off the throttle while hard into a turn ,the shaftdriven bikes squat ,thus lowering the stance ,scraping things (and in some instances bottoming out on the exhaust :yikes: so practice and see what I'm talking about ,so you don't get halfway thru a corner ,with a bump in the middle,and have to learn the hard way! Ive had bros learn the hard way..........it aint pretty
:doorag: :bigthumbsup:
Or just pump up the air. ;)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
if you look hard you can see about a quarter inch that hasn't been used
:bigthumbsup: :doorag:
If I look hard I can see the pipe I wish someone would weld together for me :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Sledzep

·
Registered
360 Posts
I found out the hard way about leaning and hitting one of those bumps they use as lane markers . that wasn't fun . :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts