M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Here is my first mod (other than pegs) what do you think of it?
I wanted something that could be removed with the seat as to me anything else goes against the concept of the quick single/double seat conversion.
Described what I wanted to the manufacturer and this is what he sent me.
He couldn't quite match the vinyl but it's close enough.

You will need to post your pillion to Australia I guess so if interested contact Garry
http://www.metcruze.com.au/
Prices are in Aussie dollars but this one off is not listed
Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
That looks on! I guess the grub screws are there so you can remove the sissy bar and just have the normal seat?
Would really like to see a picture of it on the bike.
I guess nothig that you've added to the seat to retain the sissy bar rubs on the plastic/fender etc?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pkn2 said:
I guess the grub screws are there so you can remove the sissy bar and just have the normal seat?
Would really like to see a picture of it on the bike.
I guess nothig that you've added to the seat to retain the sissy bar rubs on the plastic/fender etc?
Correct,Grub screws allow adjustment of the sissybar position upto 80mm further back and/or removal.
Bike is having it's first service/wheels polished and mufflers modified so I won't have a pic with the seat on the bike until the weekend.
Nothing should rub when it's in place.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Man, this backrest is very, very nice. I wonder if the OEM one will be like this when it comes out.

How much different is the vinyl? I realize it's not a match, but it is fairly close? Kinda hard to tell from the pics.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wanted said:
Man, this backrest is very, very nice. I wonder if the OEM one will be like this when it comes out.

How much different is the vinyl? I realize it's not a match, but it is fairly close? Kinda hard to tell from the pics.
It seems to be a coarser pattern and a bit shinier.
Won't matter so much when the missus is on it.

G

·
Aussie109 said:
It seems to be a coarser pattern and a bit shinier.
Won't matter so much when the missus is on it.
How secure is it? Is there any possibility of the wing nuts vibrating loose and the bar sliding out of the seat?

I just want to be sure before I proceed to the ordering phase.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
they did a great job! i can't wait to see your bike with the polished wheels and muffler work!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't get my bike back for the weekend so pics will have to wait ...sorry.
The polisher could not finish in time as apparently polishing the wheels up the spokes as well has blown the time factor out by 4.
He has vowed never to polish up the spokes of a M109R.
Dealer offered me his demo GSR600 for the weekend but I passed on that.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
I think you should email Suzuki and all of the aftermarket people a picture of this. It is that awesome! :a18:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK at last!!
Got my bike back and here are the pics of my sissybar on the bike.
Keen observers may notice the rims are now polished too :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts