M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm shopping for brake pads, I would like some with low to no dust. I am getting mixed messages on Sintered pads....a lot of the companies that make them say not to put them on a bike unless they came that way from the factory, others say it's ok? Is it ok and safe to run these Sintered pads on the 9? Thanks for the help.......

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Sintered pads are one of the most abrasive but I haven't had any problems with them eating up my rotors, so I ordered a second set to replace these when they go. Better stopping power, less dust, cheaper than OEM, whats not to like?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
Giddy, IMHO none of them make that much difference in the amount of dust you get on your wheels. I tried the EBC Extreme Pro, which I think are sintered, and they were hard. They seemed to take more lever pressure to get the same braking performance. I now run their HH series and they work pretty much like stock or a little better. But neither really made any difference in the dust on the wheels. I think most of that comes from road dust and little from the brakes.

edit: Just checked, they are both sintered. The Extreme Pro contain sintered bronze. The HH series are sintered copper, like the stock brakes pads.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I use the sintered brake pads that Zoom uses. They're a good replacement for the stock pads. I'd recommend them!

Nate

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Sintered pads are one of the most abrasive but I haven't had any problems with them eating up my rotors, so I ordered a second set to replace these when they go. Better stopping power, less dust, cheaper than OEM, whats not to like?
I've run the Organics, Stock, and Sintered....

The Organic by far have the best stopping power, but man they are dirty as hell!!!

I am running the sintered now, and no problems with rotor wear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts