M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
lostrider said:
Did anyone else notice that the "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS" IS WAY OVER USED AND ABUSED. It's a light bulb use your imagination
Sir, yes sir. I'll try my best sir. :a20:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I run Silver Stars in every vehicle I own (03 Tahoe Z71, 91 GTA TransAm, 94 Camaro Z28), and I love them!! Two nights ago I put one in the M109, and yes it makes a difference!! Especially in High Beam!
James

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
So what is the benefit of changing out the stock headlight? After all, it's already a H4 light so it's not like it's a true upgrade. Why spend $40 some odd dollars on something that is going to give only a different colored light? What am I missing here?

·
Registered
77 Posts
First, it's only a $19.95 bulb available at any Walmart, Autozone, Adv Auto, etc.... It produces a brighter, whiter light with a higher temperature output, the highest available without being HID (High Intesity Discharge) The result is you get a better view of the road at night, in the rain, and in fog. Check out their website at www.sylvania.com and check out the Silverstars.
James

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
lostrider said:
Did anyone else notice that the "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS" IS WAY OVER USED AND ABUSED. It's a light bulb use your imagination
You're very observant :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:I was thinking the same thing :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
BULLYvard said:
First, it's only a $19.95 bulb available at any Walmart, Autozone, Adv Auto, etc.... It produces a brighter, whiter light with a higher temperature output, the highest available without being HID (High Intesity Discharge) The result is you get a better view of the road at night, in the rain, and in fog. Check out their website at www.sylvania.com and check out the Silverstars.
James
I put Silverstars in my Camry and I could tell a little difference. The one thing I have noticed is that my factory headlight blew after several years and nearly 70K miles of "always on" driving, but one of my Silverstars has already died after a year and a half (no, I never touched the bulb with bare hand so that isn't an issue). I will take you guy's word about the improvement, but I think I'll wait. I don't have a problem with seeing at night with the stock light. Now, if they could develop a light that shines around curves, that would be sweet. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Are there any HID Light replacements for M109R and has anyone used it yet??

I hear they don't burn out and are 3 times brighter than halegons!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Medic1210 said:
I put Silverstars in my Camry and I could tell a little difference.Â
I can agree with you, as the "sealed" replacement bulbs are slightly better than factory, but the "modular" bulbs produce much better results.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Bobby said:
Are there any HID Light replacements for M109R and has anyone used it yet??

I hear they don't burn out and are 3 times brighter than halegons!
As far as I know, you cannot just put a HID light in a standard socket. HID lights require some sort of power box or computer something or other to make them work because they don't have a filament in the bulb. At least that is true for cars. That's why they are so expensive to add on. Not sure if there is a HID kit available for the 109 though. I think they make kits for other bikes though.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
BULLYvard said:
I can agree with you, as the "sealed" replacement bulbs are slightly better than factory, but the "modular" bulbs produce much better results.
Not sure what you mean by sealed replacement bulbs as opposed to modular bulbs.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Since we're on the subject of the headlight - does anyone know how/where the adjustment is on the M? My bright light shines up at a pretty radical angle. The whole headlight assembly needs to be adjusted to shine a little closer to the ground. Thanks for any help/info :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
Since we're on the subject of the headlight - does anyone know how/where the adjustment is on the M? My bright light shines up at a pretty radical angle. The whole headlight assembly needs to be adjusted to shine a little closer to the ground. Thanks for any help/info :)
Yeah, I could use some help on this also... as my brights are great.... but my low beams seem to shine too close... I think something needs to be adjusted to compensate for my weight (around 290)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts