M109 Rider Forums banner

SILVER WITH NEW TURN SIGNALS,MIRRORS AND PIPES

7K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  bollert 
#1 ·
HERE IS A PICTURE OF SOME WORK I HAVE DONE.

#6 ·
Re: SILVER WITH NEW TURN SIGNALS AND MIRRORS

very nice. i like those front turn signals. where did they mount on?

#7 ·

YOU HAVE TO CUT ONE OUT OF SHEET METAL.TO FIT I USED 3M MOLDING TAPE YOU CAN GET IT AT WALMART OR AUTO PARTS STORE. THE LED'S WEIGH ALMOST NOTHING THE DOUBLE SIDED TAPE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH HOLD. I PUT THE LED'S ON ONE SIDE AND MOUNTED THE OTHER SIDE TO THE UNDERSIDE OF FENDER.

THE FRONT TURN SIGNALS ARE THE BULLETS FROM Küryakyn AND I DRILLED OUT THE MOUNT THAT HELD THOSE TWO CHROME DUMBELLS ON THE FRONT THAT THE ORIGINAL TURN INDICATORS WERE ATTACHED TOO.

#9 ·

that looks pretty sweet bro....cleaned up the lines quite a bit. I've wondered why they didn't go with the same approach that they took with the taillight on the front/rear blinkers. I've heard that the Line of Fire looks pretty sweet when used as the blinkers.

#10 ·

Looks great! really cleans up the lines of the bike! now the tach looks kinda protrusive. of course mine is going to stay bone stock cause i am to lazy to sit in the garage turning wrenches even if its raining.

#14 ·
Headvince, nice bike....
How much for your OEM exhausts and or exhaust shields; front rh turn light; and rh mirror?

Mom tipped my bike over by accident.

Thanks.

#18 ·

headvince said:
YOU HAVE TO CUT ONE OUT OF SHEET METAL.TO FIT I USED 3M MOLDING TAPE YOU CAN GET IT AT WALMART OR AUTO PARTS STORE. THE LED'S WEIGH ALMOST NOTHING THE DOUBLE SIDED TAPE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH HOLD. I PUT THE LED'S ON ONE SIDE AND MOUNTED THE OTHER SIDE TO THE UNDERSIDE OF FENDER.

THE FRONT TURN SIGNALS ARE THE BULLETS FROM Küryakyn AND I DRILLED OUT THE MOUNT THAT HELD THOSE TWO CHROME DUMBELLS ON THE FRONT THAT THE ORIGINAL TURN INDICATORS WERE ATTACHED TOO.
I have the same signals but haven't installed yet. Do I have to remove the front chrome signal bracket covers permanently like you did?

#19 ·

bollert said:
I have the same signals but haven't installed yet. Do I have to remove the front chrome signal bracket covers permanently like you did?Â
they sell some extensions that might work, you might have to make a dimple in it so the set screw will work or tap it. When you take them off you can see how they fit. You will still have to take the headlight off to unplug OEM turnsignals.

#22 ·
Took a look last night. I think one thick chrome or nylon washer on the outside and a spacer or nut with washer on the inside of the chrome bracket will allow retention of the chrome bracket. BTW, How does the headlight come off? I took out the two bolts and it loosens it up, but it won't come far. Looks like there are some plastic connectors on the inner holding it and I don't want to screw those up. The crimping of the load equalizer looks like kind of a pain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.