M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
We have many questions. Any other mods have to be made (such as remapping etc)?. Any change in performance? How do they sound? One concern I have that I haven't heard from anyone, How is the heat on your leg when stopped with your foot on the ground? The shields on the stock pipes do a good job of protecting from the heat.

Curious minds want answers.

They do Look GREAT :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Looks great. :bigthumbsup:

Mine is Silver too. Something with black absorbing light instead of reflecting seems to slow it down or something :joke:

Did you keep track of the weight difference?

How much louder is it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THEY ARE LOUD TO ME, I HAVE A TEKA SO I SET EVERYTHING TO STOCK EXCEPT 10% THROTTLE. BUT IT RUNS GOOD. POWER FEELS THE SAME I DO NOT FEEL AN IMPROVEMENT PROBABLY NEEDS AIR KIT.

THE HEAT SHIELDS IF YOU CAN CALL THEM THAT WILL KEEP YOUR SKIN FROM STICKING WHEN IT BURNS YOU THEY ARE HOT. THE HEAT SHIELDS ARE NOT AS GOOD AS STOCK.

I LIKE THE LOOK!

·
Registered
752 Posts
My biggest motivator is weight loss. Plus I hate the look of the stockers.

Any idea on weight savings?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks killer. Now the questions:

1. Any FI light problems or the like?

2. Where did you get the baqr end mirrors, and to you like them?

3. Where did you get the pipes?

4. Did you do the tach mod intall into the headlight housing?

Thanks and great job.

G

·
Makes the back of the bike look slimmer. Exposes a lot more of the wheel. Bottom clearance looks better. If the sound is louder does it maintain the stock throaty sound at all?

My leg hits the stock pipe when my foot is on the ground. Is the new pipe held in closer to the bike? How does your leg position itself?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
answers to question.

no fi light problems they by pass actuator mechanically

the mirrors are from sky king products i like them but you have to get use to them.

order them from dealer 2 months ago when i bought bike.

i did this mod http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=484.0 .

sounds deeper and louder and i have the baffles in like custom big piston sound.

pipe is closer thank goodness because heat shield is just o.k.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

You guys are killin me with the awsome mods.... That will look killer with chromed wheels... it realy exposes that rear wheel.
I am also very curious about the heat shield issue.

Can we get a sound clip?

Sledzep

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Looking good Headvince :bigthumbsup:
Mine will be here today and I'll get them installed tomorrow and post a sound file. :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
L-Train said:
Will you also post the weight difference for us Lamont?

Thanks
Yea I'll do that too. One thing for sure is they will look better, sound better and make more horsepower on a black bike. ;) :evil:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts