M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did it belong to anyone on here??

Here is a pic... The faster Blurple one is mine, and these are the only 2 I have seen out of several thousand bikes.
(I Know it is a poor pic but all I had was my cell phone, and it's a night shot)

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Silver 109 spotted at Bikes Blues and Barbq festival

BlkM109r said:
I'll be there Saturday!
Sent you a PM with my Cell phone number... give me a call if you want to hook up.

Also, my bike will be int the Custom Metric bike contest they are having. :D
Hopefully I will be bringing home a trophy!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Hey all...that's awesome! btw...VERY nice pic for it coming from a cell phone at night!!!!!

I hope that my sis gets tons of pix of your rides! She's down there with my Bro-in-law.
I'll have to hit her celly and make sure that she takes in the custom metric bike contest!!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

that can't be anyone here...they still have the warning labels on the tank!

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts

went today. Lots of bikes, great event, will absolutely be there next year :bigthumbsup:. Tried to hook up with M109okie and Jutah but couldn't get ahold of them until I was out of town, on my way home. Saw these 2 silvers there. Was it anybody from the board?

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

cbxer55 said:
There is a red one on the way.
He left Oklahoma City about 1500 hours,
with his wife on a VTX1300, also red.

Robert Hill
Midwest City,OK.
I actually saw M109Okies bike Friday night, then ended up meeting him at the bike show on saturday... shot the breeze with him for an hour easily...

BlkM109r tried calling me but I was riding when he did so I missed his call. By the time I got back to him he was already on the way back out of town. (Sorry Bro)

I'll post some pics as soon as I get them off the Digi cam and sort through them.

:p

G

·

Dammit working weekends really really sucks....40 minute ride and I couldn't make it.....arrghhhhh!

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

chadrob30 said:
Dammit working weekends really really sucks....40 minute ride and I couldn't make it.....arrghhhhh!
Unfortunately you missed a good time... :(
Hopefully next year!

Let me know if anything comes up down in the FSM area.
:doorag:

·
Registered
92 Posts

Hey Utah
It was nice meeting you and talking with you Saturday. :bigthumbsup: Your bike looked great :bigthumbsup: How did you do in the show? Just got back home about 7 pm. Took the pig trail back home (GREAT RIDE) and the new "9" was sooooo sweet in the twisties :hot: :hot: :hot:

Hey Blk109 sorry I missed you, maybe Utah will post a pic of my bike

·
Registered
765 Posts

The pig trail is a great ride. Sadly enough that isn't my silver 109. I had to work. I really wanted to go. Fignewt and I are planning a trip to Arkansas sometime in April or May of next year.

·
Registered
974 Posts

I wasnt up for making it i did get in saturday but had a ton of stuff to do and i had already driven about 700 miles in the Big truck.

I headed down that way today just for the heck of it to catch a view of all the bikes leaving and such didnt see a 109 but saw a ton of HD's some were pretty nice. Kept going south for a while just to catch the scenery man i love the ride down 540 Great views.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Silver 109 spotted at Bikes Blues and Barbq festival, Update Pics Sorry Dialup

Ok... so here are just a couple of Pics from BB @BBq this year...
I apologize ahead of time for the blurry ones... Night photos with my camera are tough without a tri-pod :redfaced:

Here is M109Okies Red 109. A very nice looking machine with the best Windshield I have seen on a 109. :bigthumbsup: (I believe he told me it was the rifle windshield)

My bike parked (thought it was a good shot of the lighting)

Here is the crowd / bikes outside the Bike Show I entered my bike in. (Looking left)

(Looking Right) The bikes just seem to go on forever... :D

A couple of pics of my bike setup for the show (Still early in the day before a lot of bikes had arrived)

Unfortunately my bike did not win, it came in second... which I am ok with, except that I lost to this bike... :dontknow:

:dontknow: I really don't get it... there was another bike or 2 there that I thought would beat me, but not this one...  :eek:

After the Custom bike show they had a "trick show" with a couple of fairly crazy guys and their Crotch Rockets...
Look Ma... no feet...

This guy rode this Endo for about the entire length of the bleachers. I am guessing he had to start it at about 80Mph to hold it so long... :yikes:

Who needs a seat??

And this one... hard to see in the pic but he has actually pulled himself all the way up on the tank and is sitting against the bars with his feet in the air.

So, after the shows and visiting all of the vendor tents it was night time... :evil:
This entire city area had been blocked off to cars and was "Bikers Only" which was quite cool! :bigthumbsup:

The crowd was quite large, amazingly I didn't see any fights. (Unfortunately no gratuitous breast shots either :verymad: )

Needless to say, you cant have a bunch of bikers in a crowd with loud pipes and not have it hurt a little from time to time.
The guy in the left of this photo pretty much sums it up...

And lastly one of my favorite photos that I got by accident...

It was a great time and I look forward to next years... M109okie, I enjoyed meeting you and look forward to a ride in the future. Blk109, sorry we missed you.
Hopefully we can get a few more of us out here next year. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

sboden said:
The pig trail is a great ride. Sadly enough that isn't my silver 109. I had to work. I really wanted to go. Fignewt and I are planning a trip to Arkansas sometime in April or May of next year.
Anytime any of you are up for a group ride on the pig trail count me in!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Re: Silver 109 spotted at Bikes Blues and Barbq festival: Update Pics, Sorry Dialup

Love the photos. Especially the last one. The bike that beat you is a Honda Sabre 1100. I know because that is what I had before the 109. It was a great bike, but yours should have beat it.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Silver 109 spotted at Bikes Blues and Barbq festival: Update Pics, Sorry Dialup

sboden said:
Love the photos. Especially the last one. The bike that beat you is a Honda Sabre 1100. I know because that is what I had before the 109. It was a great bike, but yours should have beat it.
What bothered me about it was that there was nothing there aside from a paint job... and while the subject matter of the paint job was good, it wasn't that good a paint job...

There was a roadstar there that was highly customized and had been painted solid blue. Should have taken the Custom Metric category hands down with me still in second...

Anyway, I congratulated the guy... grabbed a beer, then watched the nuts on the street bikes do their thing... :D

G

·
Re: Silver 109 spotted at Bikes Blues and Barbq festival, Update Pics Sorry Dialup

JUtah said:
Its a Sabre with a custom paint job, Musang Wide Touring seat, Backrest, Luggage Rack, Vance and Hines Long Shots, freeway bars, custom mirrors and seems like he removedthe upper fork covers. At least that is what could spot from this angle. Would recognize those wheels anywhere... Check out my signature... Thanks for the pics of the red 109... ;) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Re: Silver 109 spotted at Bikes Blues and Barbq festival, Update Pics Sorry Dialup

M109R Fan said:
Its a Sabre with a custom paint job, Musang Wide Touring seat, Backrest, Luggage Rack, Vance and Hines Long Shots, freeway bars, custom mirrors and seems like he removedthe upper fork covers. At least that is what could spot from this angle. Would recognize those wheels anywhere... Check out my signature... Thanks for the pics of the red 109... ;) :bigthumbsup:
The only other thing I can see is the chrome radiator cover and the wheels seem to be pretty polished. I'm suprised he didn't do some of the simple things like new grips and changing the turn signals. I had an 04 red sabre. Even with his add ons it still doesn't compare to the 109 imo. If he would have had RC wheels, progressive springs, and maybe a chrome swing arm.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll post some more pics of the other bikes up when I get back to the house (time permitting).
There were other bikes in the category (Custom Metric) with more then just Bolt on stuff... Custom Pipes (like the stuff JR is doing), slightly raked front ends, modified fenders, Custom Bars/Risers, Custom paint, etc...

I'm  comparing him to those bikes, as well as mine (Of course I am biased on my bike :D )

I guess I am hung up on the term "Custom". The only thing Custom I NOTICED on his bike is the paint... BUT then, I am no expert on the Sabre so there may be more I didnt notice.

I know after seeing some of the other bikes there I questioned my bike even being entered... given the only custom stuff I have done is the Air intake, lighting (I made my own), rear end clean up (Cut the hunk of plastic off and made my own plate bracket to relocate the plate and my own lighting to light it up).

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
sorry i missed you guys too. I will be back next year. Will be custom painted by then for sure might enter the show too. i worked on some designs last night and i think I've got a good theme going. With the 2 silvers out there, your blurple, okie's red and my black, we just needed a white one to have it all covered.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts