M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a way to remove the switch (plunger) that tells the bike if the sidestand is up or down? My DLP sidestand is not fabricated to the correct specs apparently and doesn't make good contact with the plunger. It sort of slides past it and actually cracked the plastic housing around the plunger by pushing it up instead of in. I am tired of lifting the sidestand with my hand to ensure that it pushes the plunger in correctly. I'd like to remove the plunger entirely, but I don't know enough about the wiring to ensure that the bike will think that the stand is always up and not always down. Follow me? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Try to find a way to make it work!! I know a guy that got killed because his kickstand was down when he went into a curve!!:nojoke:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i think you need to take that up with DLP. they should sell parts that work with the bike not break the bike.....

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Try to find a way to make it work!! I know a guy that got killed because his kickstand was down when he went into a curve!!:nojoke:
I agree 100%

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
I agree 100%
:agree: x 3. I used to work with a kid that got killed because he forgot to put his side stand up. He came to a curve, the stand touched down and he couldn't navigate the curve, and hit a car head on.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
My kickstand did not make full contac with the plunger so i fitted a pice of rubber hose.. see if this will help

·
Registered
838 Posts
My kickstand did not make full contac with the plunger so i fitted a pice of rubber hose.. see if this will help

The minor details that some over look. I would never thought about a cap/cover over the nut for my kickstand as you did. I like that :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I will give this a try! Thanks to all for the help. I know that it isn't the BEST idea to remove the switch, but I am just frustrated about spending good money on parts that the mfg takes little consideration to for the end user. I have the same stand as barnawi... Looks like it is not an isolated incident...

G

·
:agree: x 3. I used to work with a kid that got killed because he forgot to put his side stand up. He came to a curve, the stand touched down and he couldn't navigate the curve, and hit a car head on.
Never understood why a bike wouldn't have that feature. I rented a HD Heritage Custom a few years back while out of town, and it didn't have a sidestand killswitch. Very dangerous to go from a bike that has one, to one without. I took off a few times without realizing I had the stand down. I don't know if all HD's are like that, but if they are, that's another reason not to want one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts