M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The estimated release date for this item is 09/13/06. Please check back for availability.

Thanks,
Street Bike Accessory Warehouse"

Projections............Projections................Projections...........

·
Registered
665 Posts
Had a set on a Mean Streak. Way too loud. It would set car alarms off as you passed by them. Changed over to V&H and was quieter,but not allot,but at least they wouldn't trip every alarm in the area. :D

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
screw the side boner, That's what I wanted but they diddled around too damn long.I made my own for 83 bucks and to hell with the backing up the rollout date game
:bigthumbsup: besides I think that $83 pipe looks better than the sideburner anyway :doorag:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I talked to muzzys again yesterday, no real answers, just apologies.

Agreed, if an all new burner comes out with serious gains I'll be on it.

I'm still thinking an all new pro pipe from VnH cant be too far off either.

The wait is really maddening.

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is making me sick, like I said before I would drop a grand in a heartbeat for a proper pipe right now, I've never experienced this kind of slow aftermarket response before on any motorcycle, and one of the strongest points of the M109 in my view was the fact that I figured the aftermarket would be all over it.
What is it going to take to get a properly developed 2 into 1 that frees up signifigant power?
This motor happens to be the only 1800cc DOHC 4 valver in the world, when I first read the press release I instantly thought, damn, that motor is going to move a TON of air.
I also thought yoshimura would get on board with race parts to compete with the V-rods in dragracing, yoshimura has never had a dragracing arm and what better bike to challenge with than the 109?
Or maybe their market research showed that M109 byers dont care about raw performance, just chromey eye candy and ornamental accessories.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
sorry, I did not see this post and I posted a new one on the V & H pro pipe. just got an e-mail saying it is going to be different from what we have seen in the past but no release date. Muzzy is not going to do one as of now and I tried to coax Dale Walker from Holeshot Performance into doing one like that limited edition 2-1 meg he does for the Warrior but he is not going to do one either.

G

·
It's funny that someone else mentions Yoshimura. I immediately thought that Yoshimura would get started on this bike and go drag racing. They have of course been involved with privateers drag racing GSXR's so I thought it was a given that they would jump on the 109.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts