M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how HK dealt with the SET Valve with the Sideburner pipes?

·
Registered
386 Posts
As some of you know, when UPS lost my pipes they also lost my set crap.

Anyway, I have cobras now (pleasantly surprised by the quality but I still would rather have something different if not louder) ... And I just disconnected pin 7 (see the tech how to) to get rid of the FI light. I'm taking a chance that I wont have an FI issue and not having the light won't be an issue.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
justicepkmc said:
i have just disconnected it, is there a way to by pass. pipes sound sweet and look good. sideburners are the way to go
So .... you have installed the Sideburner pipes? If so, can you provide some pics and a sound clip?

·
Registered
102 Posts
thanks for the help in the 7th pin and will have pictures soon. don't know about the sound thing, really don't know how to get them on this site, but will try. just know this they are loud. when i started the bike, my wife ran out the house to cuss out the neighbor thinking it was his truck. i caught her before she did, explaining that it was the birthday present she gave me (the Pipes) :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
justicepkmc said:
thanks for the help in the 7th pin and will have pictures soon. don't know about the sound thing, really don't know how to get them on this site, but will try. just know this they are loud. when i started the bike, my wife ran out the house to cuss out the neighbor thinking it was his truck. i caught her before she did, explaining that it was the birthday present she gave me (the Pipes) :D
hahaha yea, thats pretty funny 'bout the wife looking for the noise maker with evil on her mind...my wife is so the same. All I can say is, that like pavlovs dog, they eventually learn....mine hears a noise like a screamin harley and KNOWS its me on the 109 coming in from work. haha. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
446 Posts
So, by reading this, I assume that those of you who have them installed are pleased with the sound the make. A friend of mine heard a set and said that they sounded pretty odd. I havent so I don't know. Are you seeing any difference in performance? Mine have been delayed again for the 4th time. Now looking at late Dec. before I see them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
b said:
So, by reading this, I assume that those of you who have them installed are pleased with the sound the make. A friend of mine heard a set and said that they sounded pretty odd. I havent so I don't know. Are you seeing any difference in performance? Mine have been delayed again for the 4th time. Now looking at late Dec. before I see them.
mate, I love the sound of the cobra slashdowns on my 109. Not exactly hog, not a duke, but a knarly, throaty, rumblin big twin. :bigthumbsup:
Each to thier own tho. The kind of sound a bloke will like is as individual as paint...
Some guys here love the sound of a nitro runnin, instanst throttle WWWRRAAAP, whereas me I have always liked a open piped hog on full song.
My 109 is kinda like that, but wont break windows in my street when I leave for work in the morning.
Best thing is some of my mates run hogs, and some others have dukes and one has a yammy mT01 and these guys get wood when they hear my 109 and sit on my bike and blip the gas for a while, just drinking in the tunes. Thats cool enough for me, and also it hammers like a caned cat !!
Almost forgot....my cobs are not stock. I have played with them a bit to tune the sound. A washer here, and some glass packin there.... :bigthumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts