M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone mentioned in a thread the other day that they had just received the HK SideBurner pipes, were installing them, and then would post pics ...

Where are the pics???

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hey Perry,Yes he came back on Lemonsters post " nothing Has done it for me Yet" ( pipes)
bottom of last page  :bigthumbsup:
Later silentrider

·
Registered
240 Posts
Blow me perry, you know I dont give a rats rectum what you believe or dont, I'll mount it up when I'm damn good and ready, till then here's a pic from the catalog they sent with the pipe :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Man thats Bitch-N  :D

To me thats the best way to have an Exhaust run on a 109 ,it needs to cover the swing arm and stop right at the Axel Nut  :bigthumbsup: can't wait to see yours mounted OMEGA  :bigthumbsup:

Whats the weight of those pipes Omega? Just wondering how much weight you were sheding by going to them :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I like that a lot...are you gonna do a sound bite with it as well? huh? are ya? huh? PLEEEEEASE

Devilish

·
Registered
849 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Yup, that's a look I can live with if it makes power. My effort was to get something on my bike thatn made power until Vance and Hines or Sideburner did it right and got them on the market, and i've got darn little invested in mine dollarwise.
Jer.

·
Registered
629 Posts
:super: :doorag: That would defiantly be the exhaust for me. :bigthumbsup: That is if I can get one that would be leagal here. :confused:

·
Registered
696 Posts
HardChrome has Stock on the SideBurner... I just Placed my Order with Direct Line (we all know...site sponser :doorag:)....... end of November for Delivery..(we hope).... :bigthumbsup:.. mjm

·
Registered
642 Posts
Not to be a picky SOB well maybe alittle picky but all the aftermarket pipes I've seen including these HK's no one addresses the gap that is left when removing the top stock pipe and that chrome cover. It looks like the chrome cover is just sitting in mid air it doesn't flow and looks out of place. Am I just being too anal?  :dontknow:

BTW I do like the HK's Omega really nice! :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
booda said:
Not to be a picky SOB well maybe alittle picky but all the aftermarket pipes I've seen including these HK's no one addresses the gap that is left when removing the top stock pipe and that chrome cover. It looks like the chrome cover is just sitting in mid air it doesn't flow and looks out of place. Am I just being too anal? :dontknow:

BTW I do like the HK's Omega really nice! :bigthumbsup:
That gap is a problem with all the aftermarket pipes. ::) As soon as I figure out what pipes I'm going to keep I'll make my own cover.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dood please, if you actually "knew something" about the pipe you would have known when they left DG hardkrome, when they hit parts unlimited's warehouse, and when they started shipping them to their authorized dealers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Omega,

Thanks - can't wait to see your pipes mounted on your bike - I think the SB's are great looking - plus I like loud pipes.

When do you plan to the mount them?

·
Registered
34 Posts
interesting. ive always loved the looks of the stock pipes best. even for another ten horsepower i wouldnt put on an aftermarket. the drop in looks to me aint worth it. BUT that pipe set up is the first one to me that i could live with.... IF it drops weight and if it adds power.

not bad at all.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I actually like the looks of it but would slash cut the end of end down like the stock pipes instead of at the side angle and also have it ceramic coated black. I do want to see some dyno numbers though. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
steve j said:
I actually like the looks of it but would slash cut the end of end down like the stock pipes instead of at the side angle and also have it ceramic coated black. I do want to see some dyno numbers though. :bigthumbsup:
You might change your mind about changing the direction of the end pipe. I had these on my x and loved to bounce the sound of cars that would cut me off. They have a great sound when you decel. Sounds like a jake brake when you really back off the throttle at high speeds.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts