M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is the sideburner exhaust going to be ready? Anyone ever have this on another bike? Whats the Good and/or the bad with this type?

Later

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
jamiesM109R said:
When is the sideburner exhaust going to be ready? Anyone ever have this on another bike? Whats the Good and/or the bad with this type?

Later
I have used it on 2 of my vtx's, about the 2nd best for sound and performance behind the vance and hines. Great to be able to bounce sound off walls and cars. Sounds like a jake brake on a truck when you decel.

G

·
I've orderd mine and was told June 22. But if Thuner Mfg. cant meet that date then it will be set back another, month, and another, and another, until they are ready to ship.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was told they will ship my set June 26th from monkeybutt, then again this was about three weeks ago. I think it changes every day. :mad:

Thanks for the pics... Every time I see a set of those pipes it makes me glad I didn't order the Cobra's. :evil:

G

·
I have contacted HardKrome 3 times via email, and tried to call 4 times. Not a single peep.

May have to just jump on the "Beast" and take a road trip to Cali, and knock on the door.

I had this pipe on my VTX sounds like a 65 Corvette 396 or a Cobra 427. Way cool, no little wimpy throttle crack, deep bust a gut throttle crack.

RAW_TAZ

·
Registered
240 Posts
You guys check out the current issue of motorcyclist?
Small but real good color photo of the m109 with the burner on it.
They did it differently from any other model, it's shorter and doesnt flare out as much at the outlet.
Looks like it belongs there.

I'm just hoping thunder has the intakes ready at the same time as the burner, with the JSD, intakes, pipe and pair removal I'll be ready for some tuning, then testing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I got the same thing from Monkey Butt late June and nothing from Hard Chrome. The first time I saw these pipe on a VTX I made myself a promise that as soon as I got my bike these would be the first purchase. Little did I know that for new bikes every thing takes more time from the supplies. I haven't found the air box parts I like yet but those will also be ordered as soon as I see something I like. I am going to do the 280 tire kit. (see other posts) I just don't know how some people can't tell the difference between a 240 and 280 tire??

If anyone gets word on their ship dates please post those ASAP.

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a E-mail that they will have then ready for mid June, but I just can,t wait to have mine, to wake up up everybody in the neighborhood.

G

·
Why did I say Thunder Mfg? Must of been thinking of those new air intakes that will hopefully be on the market soon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This has to be the closest thing you will get to the factory look of the exhaust. It sucks wishing my life away like this, but I can't wait till these come out.
Does anyone know how much power was gained on the VTX1800 with these pipes???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts