M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here we go ,i posted pics of my side mount with a curved license plate holder and everybody wants to now about where they can get the side mount .well i made the mount if you would like one i need to know how many are going to be needed so i can get them made in bulk .i just can't make 1 or 2 it just dosen't pay to do that it's made of 1/4 stainless steel and then primed and painted black the cost will be 35.00 for those interested let me know

thanks
sixshooter

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
side mount with a curved license plate holder
Are you selling the whole thing for 35 bucks or just the piece of angle? If it's the whole thing I'll take ten of them. If it's just the angle then I'll pass.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Sixshooter, That is one nice mount! I am interested let me know when you have enough people som I can order one. Did you have it chromed? Thx Ray

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks good! I wish there was a way to mount it to the axle. That's where it was designed to be.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the 35.00 price is for the black angle mount that bolts to the drive shaft .not the curved licence plate holder

G

·
I am interested in one as well. If you don't mind, could you tell me what brand of license plate you have there as well, I like that one. Is is lighted or not? If so, where did you route the wiring? Thanks in advance. please include how you want paid in your return response. Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
YES !!! Side mount came in today. All I need is my bracket and I'll be in business. I'll post some pics. once I'm done not sure what I'm doing with tail lights

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
291 Posts
If anyone figures out the wiring scheme on this thing let me know, I have posted to an existing thread called "wiring for side mount..." in the Tech Tips forum.

Also, regarding mounting, I ended up using a 1/2"x2" bolt with a lock nut and several stainless steel 1/2" washers and a plastic spacer that had a 1/2" middle diameter and an outside diameter to fit in that chrome extra piece they give you. I also had to buy a half inch metal bit to drill out the bracket and a large metal round file to finish the hole and give it a little play to fit the bolt through.

There was also a bolt I saw at Lowes to exactly fit the inside diameter of the plate mount itself but it was like 4" long which meant cutting and it was very expensive as well so I opted for the 1/2" instead.

-Tim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sixshooter that's one hell of a bracket you make for the side plate mount. Love it ! I just finished installing the side plate and jsd2 mod lastnight. Waitin for things to dry up around here to take pictures. LED's strips for rear sinals still on back order. :edit:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
THANKS GUYS I'M HAPPY YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH THE BRACKET :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts