M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone purchase a 'side mount' plate holder that went right on with no play/movement and without screwing around with it etc. One chap I talked to, said he encountered a bit of mod work to get to fit just right. I was curious to some bolt-and-go units that are just that... Bolt-and-Go. If so, what brands went right on... and what brands seem to be more headache than expected? Thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm still riding tagless, waiting for lamont, all the ones I've seen stick out too far, it needs to sit inside the hub.
If someone can point me to one that does, I'll buy it now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
WIZARD said:
Anyone purchase a 'side mount' plate holder that went right on with no play/movement and without screwing around with it etc. One chap I talked to, said he encountered a bit of mod work to get to fit just right. I was curious to some bolt-and-go units that are just that... Bolt-and-Go. If so, what brands went right on... and what brands seem to be more headache than expected? Thanks!
I am having one personally made for my bike by my brother in law, it will be a side mount. (illegal in Utah but what the hell) Mounted directly into the useless shock mount hole. I plan on getting it chromed when it done as well as mounting a few LED's in it to illuminate the plate.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
do you want attention so bad that you'll beg it from the law,they'll pullya for an obstructed tag round here
:doorag:
1+. If the tag isn't viewable unless you are directly behind or to the left (ie: not visible from any angle to the right), it is considered obstructed... Could get you pulled.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Medic1210 said:
1+. If the tag isn't viewable unless you are directly behind or to the left (ie: not visible from any angle to the right), it is considered obstructed... Could get you pulled.
Yep, here in TN you will get pulled over for a side mount, I did and that's why I have what I have now. ::)

G

·
It is perfect and I will buy one but he hasn't posted how much they will be. The one on my bike was free so I hope its not much more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts