M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got Hal's side mount license plate holder and I am not disappointed...very affordable and looks great...IMO

Wasn't expecting the lights...nice touch

Mounted the lights next to the screws that join to the fender

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got mine today too. It does look good! I will need to mount the lights tomorrow. What did you wire them to?

My only complaints was the size of the mounting bolt. I needed a 14mm hex and my set only went to 10mm. I went to Lowe's, Pep Boys, Napa, Tool King and Harbor Freight before I found a set that had a 14mm. Another $15 for a bunch of tools I already had.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drilled two holes next to the hole for the screws that attach to the fender; I also used adhesive to the lights as I drilled small screws into the lights.

The issue with the 14mm wrench is why I also purchased the wrench/loctite kit (~$12) from directline parts.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like you got some of the same axle grease on your wheel hub that I did. Took it to the dealers and made sure everything was tightened up correctly, etc.

Plate and lights look great...I've owned mine for 4 months now and it doesn't matter how many times I look at it or the others on this site - I like it more and more each time!!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
victoryss364 said:
Looks good but I'd rather have a curved one. Anyone know of a good fitting curved plate mount?
Yes, here is the thread. I have one on mine and it's the best I have seen. I was not a fan of side mounts until I saw this one. Kelly is not the fastest making them but he does it on the side but it is well worth the wait. :bigthumbsup:
www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=2985.0

1 - 18 of 18 Posts