M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the same sickness I do when it comes to changing oil in the 109? Every time I change oil (which is way to often) I can't help but change the diff oil. I know it's a waste of money I just can't help it:eek:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I change the differential oil every other oil change. I don't know why. Someone else mentioned they change the differential oil everytime they replace the rear tire. With a Metzeler, it's 7,000 miles either way
( for me, atleast)

-Josh

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You think thats bad? I have just over 6k and i have changed my oil 8 times so far.. and yes, diff as well..... It's overkill bigtime but i don't care.... Now thats sick :D
You should sell everybody in your neighborhood your old oil for there lawnmowers! It could help fund your habit?;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
You think thats bad? I have just over 6k and i have changed my oil 8 times so far.. and yes, diff as well..... It's overkill bigtime but i don't care.... Now thats sick :D
WOW:eek:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Does anybody have the same sickness I do when it comes to changing oil in the 109? Every time I change oil (which is way to often) I can't help but change the diff oil. I know it's a waste of money I just can't help it:eek: :bigthumbsup: and the filter to :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
744 Posts
You are the official "MONK" of the biker world. You probably have the cleanest diff and engine on the forum. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use Amsoil full syn and change my crankcase and rear end oil once a year, no worries....
I commend you:bigthumbsup: I use full syn as well and still change oil, filter, and diff every 2500mile:eek: I really tried not to this time?:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I commend you:bigthumbsup: I use full syn as well and still change oil, filter, and diff every 2500mile:eek: I really tried not to this time?:dontknow:
There's nothing wrong with going above and beyond if that's what gives you a warm fuzzy.....:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
You can send me your oil when you're done with it cuz it's still good. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts