M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of Cobra dragsters a while back and rode the bike for a few days waiting for my fi2000r to come in and it ran fine. Today I installed the fi2000r and all the light came on and went out except the green light so I am pretty sure I did everything right. Now the fi light stays on and it runs like s%$t it idles real rough and almost dies when you let off the throttle. I do have the airfilter k&n mod done does anyone have any suggestions or know what the problem may be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put Cobra Slashcut on last week along with the FI2000R and it works great. I agree you most likely got a bad module. I ran it up to 140 and if seems like its pulling as hard as it was.

·
Registered
728 Posts
J R said:
I agree start taking steps backward from everything you changes step by step all the way back to stock if ya had to :bigthumbsup: Youll get it or post up whats going on and we will all help :bigthumbsup:
:bigthumbsup: one thing at a time and you'll find it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
#1 you cant expect a bike to run w/o tuning with those mods. You need dyno time with a a/f sniffer.

#2 The f/i light can be removed by take the wire off of the ECU (brown, black stripe & green rings). Don't cut the wire, you can remove it from the connect real easy.

Sorry guys, Suzuki f/i is not a closed-loop system... what that means is it cant automatically compensate for changes in input or exhaust (you need something to do the tuning for you). You make changes, the bike can and will run like crap. I'm talking air filters and exhaust changes here.

No I'm not attempting to sell you a thing here.... just passing on info that I have gained from dyno tuning bikes for Olathe Suzuki.

·
Registered
728 Posts
jeffw said:
#1 you cant expect a bike to run w/o tuning with those mods. You need dyno time with a a/f sniffer.

#2 The f/i light can be removed by take the wire off of the ECU (brown, black stripe & green rings). Don't cut the wire, you can remove it from the connect real easy.

Sorry guys, Suzuki f/i is not a closed-loop system... what that means is it cant automatically compensate for changes in input or exhaust (you need something to do the tuning for you). You make changes, the bike can and will run like crap. I'm talking air filters and exhaust changes here.

No I'm not attempting to sell you a thing here.... just passing on info that I have gained from dyno tuning bikes for Olathe Suzuki.
I have done the mods jeff has spoke of with no FI light issues. I would find out the cause of the light rather than just deleting it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also the fi light will come on if you forgot to plug in a sensor, so I would double check all connections that were unplugged during the process.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Do these pipes replace the SET? If so there is your problem. The SET sensor.

Once again, you change the intake or exhaust you do need to have your bikes tuned...... if you feel that the performance is ok w/o doing that , then by all means settle for downgraded performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts