M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my 109 started sputtering and would not rev past 3500 rpm.I removed the tank thinking I got bad fuel but after flushing and refilling, the bike did the same thing.It starts and idles fine but once it gets hot it wont rev it just dies the more throttle you give it when you back off a bit it will run till about 3500.The bike seems to be running hotter,would it overheating cause the bike to do this to protect itself through the computer? Any thoughts? I also have the JSD mod.

·
Registered
752 Posts
ARemove the JSD and see what happens, check oil level, check coolant level, check for any loose vacum hoses.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yes, remove the JSD. And don't put it back on, which is what I did. The JSDs are junk.

G

·
Wanted said:
Yes, remove the JSD. And don't put it back on, which is what I did. The JSDs are junk.
I made a home grown one and if you want I will send you one. I have put a swich on mine. If you have your jsd, I could incorporate the ends into mine. It will working in all gears. I have not seen this crazy idle problem with my home grown version, just the 200 rpm change when the clutch is pulled in.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
jsd-3m=best bang for buck. others just got the wrong model or didnt install it properly-the ground wire that is. love mine. good luck on that issue.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried the bike out last night without the JSD and it seemed fine again.It was not as hot as when I had trouble but I ran the bike very hard and had no trouble.Is there any way I can check the jsd while its off the bike.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The JSD does advance the timing, and that could account for a hotter running engine. Perhaps that's why Suzuki retards the timing in the first three gears? I did notice my engine getting a little hotter when idling since I installed the gadget, but because it runs a little smoother I'll leave it on for now. Suzuki really should reprogram the computer to run a little retarded while idling (to stay cooler) and advance the timing as soon as the RPM are increased, that's how car engines work.

EFE M109

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found out today it was not a bad JSD as the bike left me stranded today 20km from home.The dealer don't want to look at it till July 23 but he will be seeing it tomorrow morning.I will leave the wife with him and that should speed things up a little.Tried flushing tank for bad fuel didn't work,checked all vacuum lines,checked plug wires back to coil,unhooked battery to reset computer and still no luck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took bike to dealer I guess its my fault I am apparently driving this bike to hard.I guess they should have had a warning label.THIS BIKE IS FOR OLD SLOW FAT GUYS AND GIRLS ONLY ANY QUICK STARTS OR HIGH SPEEDS ARE PROHIBITED.So much for buying the KING of cruisers I think I bought the Clown of cruisers.

G

·
gval said:
Took bike to dealer I guess its my fault I am apparently driving this bike to hard.I guess they should have had a warning label.THIS BIKE IS FOR OLD SLOW FAT GUYS AND GIRLS ONLY ANY QUICK STARTS OR HIGH SPEEDS ARE PROHIBITED.So much for buying the KING of cruisers I think I bought the Clown of cruisers.
What does this mean? Can you explain in better detail or messing around? Is Fritz back?

·
Registered
96 Posts
gval said:

You must be kidding? I took my new 109 out on the open roads of AZ today and opened her up, all I can say is WOW!!!! This 700lb bike just flat out hauled A??! I've only got 400 miles on it, but I believe you've gotta break engines in with some easy and some hard accelerations, today was the time for some hard ones. It got to 125 so fast I was afraid to take it any higher, at least until I get a few more miles. I installed the JSD M3, not sure if it made any difference in high gears but the engine was silk smooth at 7k in 4th gear. I've learned to also launch this heavy bike at pretty incredible speeds. Ain't nothin' lacking at take-offs or at a flat out open throttle and I'm still learning how to improve both.

I hope your joking, if not, you got a lemon!

EFE M109

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wanted said:
If you think my product will prevent a bike from reving past 3200 rpm?????? You might need to think a bit more.
Posting w/o putting your brain in gear is not the best method.

So having increased acceleration in lower gears, additional rpm (900) & hp (10) in 5th gear makes my product junk? Go see exactly how much money you need to spend to get those in other modifications and get back with me with a price.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You might also check you left air cleaner, if the oil is overfilled it creaps into that filter and pulling it through the engine can cause a similar problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
How many people opened this thread thinkin' they were going to see a badass bike pic? :redfaced:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A thanks to the good people at JSD for sending out a free 3m to replace what I thought was bad.I will be sending it back with a thank you note.

G

·
gval said:
A thanks to the good people at JSD for sending out a free 3m to replace what I thought was bad.I will be sending it back with a thank you note.
Thank you Bro, this community does need any internal strife as we have enough on the outside with the badest bruzer cruzer made. Anyway I am glad you where able to find the problem and are working on a solution. Keep up the good Karma.

TAZ

1 - 20 of 22 Posts