M109 Rider Forums banner

How are you primarily spending your accessory/customizing dollars?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like most of the "mods" I see talked about here are performance related. Personally, its probably my last priority as I consider the stock bike PLENTY fast. So I'm curious how others are spending their customizing dollars.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Grips, pegs, seat, new lighting, chrome rims, etc. I'm with you as far as the M being fast and quick enough for me. My biggest expense is going to be an air-ride kit some time this winter.

I noticed on another post that you own several bikes. Have you had any seat work done locally? I'm looking to have someone here in the Denver area customize both of my seats. Thanks for any info or references you can give me :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've changed the front pegs to ISO Wings, added Brake-away cruise control, Saddleman Drifter slant saddlebags hard mounted with brackets I made myself, istalled a gel pad in seat. Currently waiting on 2" risers and Kewl helment lock to arrive before putting on Rifle windshield. Future mods to be determined!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J R said:
Thats a cool thing about the 109 you can go any direction ya wanna go the bike can do it all.
I agree! I can't think of another bike out there right now that can easily be thought of going in almost any direction except maybe dual sport. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wish list:pc111,big air kit,grips,mirrors.On bike now jsd3,kuryakyn footpegs and custom dynamics licence plate holder with leds.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Even split: JSD-2, custom pipes, air kit, PCIII; Corbin Seats with passenger back rest, Side mount license palte, radar detector, self-cancelling turn signals, extra-bright headlight (bulb), air-horn, Suzuki soft bags.

·
Registered
213 Posts
To start with, self canceling signals mod and 2" risers

Next would appearance changes like the brake light, turn signals, relocating the plate, SS brake/throttle/clutch lines.

After that I think it would be a complete reworking of the rear and front ends.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The 9 is quick and looks good out the box so thats not a main thing but the bike looking good and me not feeling good when riding it and having the proper gear while i ride thats what i need first and most.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
What I've purchased so far is, pegs, grips, JS3D, air horn, HiD, engine guards, pegs to mount on engine guards, seat.

What I'm considering is, windscreen of some sort, pipes, at least K&N filters, B&B computer, LED turn/brake lights front & rear, Wal Mart driving lights (not necessarily in that order)

The thing about buying some of these parts is they usually make the bike look better/different and have an effect on performance so, you're doing both at the same time.

Can't wait to try out my air horn mod and see the performance improvement there when the cager runs in the ditch cause he thinks he's getting ready to get run over by a train/semi. :D :D

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
My list of mods is a combination of performance/appearance/comfort. I want a well-rounded bike that's comfortable for me to put some serious miles on, look great doing it, and be able to have a little high speed fun in the process. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Man I change the theme of my bike weekly. Have to give it a good mix though for performance and comfort/looks.

BikerGranny you forgot to add all the new parts you got on the new bike from the dealer. That was a joke. Have to try to put a smile on your face after that ordeal. I figure that by the time the meet happens you'll have about 5000 miles on her running like a champ. Look forward to meeting you guys in VA!!:hot:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I was considering saying something about your bike being neither show, nor go--since it's been in the shop for a month--you can't see it and you can't ride it :D

Did you get it back yet?
HAHAHA, wise guy! It's officially "done" and ready to be picked up. We're planning to head up there early tomorrow morning and bring her home! I'll put some miles on her this weekend and then the modding will begin! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
For me, comfort was first on the list. Secocnd thing had to be the looks. I think I have done just about everything I want to do in the looks department. When I bought my 9, it was one of the first 9s out and they didn't have to many aftermarket performance pats. Now that the bike has been out for 3 years, I'm almost done with the cosmetic stuff (looks), next year my 9 will be taking a trip to N. Carolina to visit James (RealMccoy), for the final hard core performance mods... :bigthumbsup: This bike has all the looks it needs, plus the little extra i added. Now i think, the performance parts will back the looks up and Im really looking forward to that!!!! :bigthumbsup:

For me, I have to have it all......LOL.....

·
Registered
441 Posts
For me, comfort was first on the list. Secocnd thing had to be the looks. I think I have done just about everything I want to do in the looks department. When I bought my 9, it was one of the first 9s out and they didn't have to many aftermarket performance pats. Now that the bike has been out for 3 years, I'm almost done with the cosmetic stuff (looks), next year my 9 will be taking a trip to N. Carolina to visit James (RealMccoy), for the final hard core performance mods... :bigthumbsup: This bike has all the looks it needs, plus the little extra i added. Now i think, the performance parts will back the looks up and Im really looking forward to that!!!! :bigthumbsup:

For me, I have to have it all......LOL.....
Black Diamond I hope after all the work you keep her for a very long time.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
You forgot to mention for safety reasons. :dontknow: Click on the link in my signature for Bang for the Buck mods.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts