M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'd like to see what you guys do for a living and what you used to do through pictures with a description.

i'll go first, started driving wreckers in '94 and been doing it on and off since, i got my cdl in '99 and been doing it on and off since, switching back and forth between trucking and towing, next friday, i'm starting a new job at transwest logistics doing california runs, i'll take pics when i start!

i was an owner operator for a towing company in montreal for 3 years untill i lost my investment in jan. '09 :'(

pics below is my first trip to california in a kenworth w-900 in '01, the others is my '06 gmc topkick flatbed tow truck.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
a few weeks ago, about 10 miles south of the Colorado border in New Mexico, San Antonito Mountain in the background.

Sunrise just north of Roswell NM

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a few weeks ago, about 10 miles south of the Colorado border in New Mexico, San Antonito Mountain in the background.
cool, do you do terminal to terminal or store deliveries?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I'm actually a Night Transportation Supervisor, but when we're short drivers, I wind up behind the wheel. I only do Terminal to Terminal. I leave the store deliveries (the hard work) to everyone else:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I do lots of things

I cook

I eat

I play

Hide and go seek (where did that little barefooted S.O.B. go)

And I get paid to spend time at the range!

How can you argue with that

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm actually a Night Transportation Supervisor, but when we're short drivers, I wind up behind the wheel. I only do Terminal to Terminal. I leave the store deliveries (the hard work) to everyone else:bigthumbsup:
how come your'e short drivers with every body looking for work? is there still a cdl driver shortage in the u.s.?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do lots of things

I cook

I eat

I play

you also got a cool job, but a bit dangerous :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Thank you

Big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do lots of things

I cook

I eat

I play

·
Registered
6 Posts
I work at a Ford Dealer and work on diesel engines most of the time. Also a pic of my tool boxes. This pic I have the cab off putting heads on due to fuel in the coolant. Just another day in the life of a diesel tech for Ford.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
how come your'e short drivers with every body looking for work? is there still a cdl driver shortage in the u.s.?
Not really a shortage of Truck Drivers as much as guys willing or able to do deliveries off the back of the truck, my drivers average 65 hours a week of up and down the ramp off the back of a trailer, some just don't last long.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Well I am an X-communicated Builder LOL

this is the home I built on Orcas Island. Can't believe it is the only pic of the house I can find, and a gazebo I built there.

And this is a home i built out there for an architect and her husband the engineer, Now that was an interesting job. With all the changes I started just throwing the plans out the window because they would not be valid at the EOD LOL

And this is a duplex I built and sold 3 years ago in Sedro Woolley, Nicest in town. 10' ceilings, SS appliances, Marble entry , the master bath was 124 sq ft, with his and hers vanities.

And i like working on boats, MY LIL WOODIE took me 5.5 years, and the little one with the mega urethane job is a 1957 Hollywood, woodie is a 1957 reinell and you can see woodie sitting on the Black Walnut dash I built asnd it even has an auto antenna that squirts up between the front horns when the CD player is turned on.Woodie has a 220 hp BMW 6 and BMW outdrive, Only thing that would fit LOL

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I work at a Ford Dealer and work on diesel engines most of the time. Also a pic of my tool boxes. This pic I have the cab off putting heads on due to fuel in the coolant. Just another day in the life of a diesel tech for Ford.
i hear ya, when i had to drive an f-350 with the new (new back then) 6.0 turbo diesel, the truck had injector problems and the tech. had to remove the body to get to the injectors!

glad to see they pay you well, that mac macsimizer tool box don't come cheap! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this is the home I built on Orcas Island. Can't believe it is the only pic of the house I can find, and a gazebo I built there.

And this is a home i built out there for an architect and her husband the engineer, Now that was an interesting job. With all the changes I started just throwing the plans out the window because they would not be valid at the EOD LOL

And this is a duplex I built and sold 3 years ago in Sedro Woolley, Nicest in town. 10' ceilings, SS appliances, Marble entry , the master bath was 124 sq ft, with his and hers vanities.

And i like working on boats, MY LIL WOODIE took me 5.5 years, and the little one with the mega urethane job is a 1957 Hollywood, woodie is a 1957 reinell and you can see woodie sitting on the Black Walnut dash I built asnd it even has an auto antenna that squirts up between the front horns when the CD player is turned on.Woodie has a 220 hp BMW 6 and BMW outdrive, Only thing that would fit LOL

nice boat :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
924 Posts
This is my company I am a dump truck driver and love it. Big toys for big boys!

We do alot of work for BNSF and Union Pasific Railroad. This is in the Port of Tacoma rail yard.

This is the third runway at Sea-Tac airport around 3.3 million cubic yards of fill

We mainly do Roads , Freeways, Rail foundations, and Airports,

·
Registered
142 Posts
I work for the worlds largest Electric forklift manifucaturer. I am road service technician.

Delivery of a new Reach truck.

Someone not planning a wherehouse very well.

very expensive stock picker.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
a bit premature, but it's a truck like that i'll be driving at the end of the week, i took the pic from their facebook page!

pete 379's ain't my favorite trucks, but this company has lots of them but they also have diffrent trucks like inter pro star and kw t-660.

pete 379's are old school design and look and feel old, i look at one from the early 80's and one from today's and they all look alike........i feel the same when i look at a harley davidson :D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Thanks 2009m109r

It was a labor of love for sure, LOL I went to an old wood boat show 2 days after completion and some guy come up and offered me $30,000 for er, I laughed and said it has onlyt been in the water 2 days, Heres my number, call be in a couple years :eek:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
that's got a nice sleeper on it. CD, BIG SCREEN ,microwave and everything

a bit premature, but it's a truck like that i'll be driving at the end of the week, i took the pic from their facebook page!

pete 379's ain't my favorite trucks, but this company has lots of them but they also have diffrent trucks like inter pro star and kw t-660.

pete 379's are old school design and look and feel old, i look at one from the early 80's and one from today's and they all look alike........i feel the same when i look at a harley davidson :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is my company I am a dump truck driver and love it. Big toys for big boys!

We do alot of work for BNSF and Union Pasific Railroad. This is in the Port of Tacoma rail yard.

This is the third runway at Sea-Tac airport around 3.3 million cubic yards of fill

We mainly do Roads , Freeways, Rail foundations, and Airports,
that's what i'm doing now, but these days i mostly drive the fuel truck going from work site to work site fueling excavators and bulldozers, it's night work, i do about 35-40 hrs. a week @ 15.95/hour and of course, when it rains i don't work, wich makes me little paychecks at the end of the week, that's why i'm going back on the road!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts