M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just looking into upgrading from the 240 metz I am running now. With out bias I would like to get some pictures of both a 260 and 280 mounted on the rear.
Pros and cons would be appreciated

Any pics on a stock wheel?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Just reading the title of your thread, I was going to find a picture of a fat chick and post up

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Here is my 280

280 on a 10" rim:

·
Registered
738 Posts
You did not specify what size wheel.
Here's my 18x10 with a 280 Metzeler ME880.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
To do a 280 or a 260 upgrade, is there any mods to the swingarm, driveshaft, or suspension in anyway? Is a 10 in wheel required for the 280 or will it fit stock too? More importantly of anything, how is the ride in the straights, twisties and all around.

Not trying to thread jack just curious as I was going to post the same topic

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi
Here is my bike with Metz 280 and original rim and also my friends Metz 280 bike.
You dont need to do anything with swingarm, driveshaft, or suspension.
And there is no problem at all.

Regards from Sweden

Attachments

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hi
Here is my bike with Metz 280 and original rim and also my friends Metz 280 bike.
You dont need to do anything with swingarm, driveshaft, or suspension.
And there is no problem at all.

Regards from Sweden
So long as you are willing to totally disregard the manufacturer's specifications for what size wheel to mount their tire on, then sure you can cram it onto a stock rim and just keep your fingers crossed that you will be ok. Why bother though? With a 280 on a stock rim, it is just going to stand taller and not give you the width that is the very reason for going to the 280.

No need to mod anything but the wheel to fit the 280 in there.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
So long as you are willing to totally disregard the manufacturer's specifications for what size wheel to mount their tire on, then sure you can cram it onto a stock rim and just keep your fingers crossed that you will be ok. Why bother though? With a 280 on a stock rim, it is just going to stand taller and not give you the width that is the very reason for going to the 280.

No need to mod anything but the wheel to fit the 280 in there.
The Victory guys uses a 10.5" wheel with a 280. looks just as fat as a 300 on a 10" wheel.

G

·
The phat 280 is just for looks. If you actually ride alot and want it to handle it's best you want the taller rounder 260. and from a distance you really can't see the difference in width.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The Victory guys uses a 10.5" wheel with a 280. looks just as fat as a 300 on a 10" wheel.
It may not just look as wide as a 300 on a 10", it may actually be as wide.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The phat 280 is just for looks. If you actually ride alot and want it to handle it's best you want the taller rounder 260. and from a distance you really can't see the difference in width.
I had not realized you have had both the 280 and the 260 on your 9.

I can only assume that is the case as otherwise you are only speculating on the issue.

I have never had the 260, but I can tell you that there is nothing my stock 240 could do that my 280 with the 160 up front can not do.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts