M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a huge guy and have a massive head. It is sheer hell trying to find a comfortable helmet. I've found some that fit, but there are always pressure points or some other deficiency. Anyways, I went to the motorcycle show this year and stopped at the Arai booth, where a lovely young lady named Sarah-Monica Branch (seriously, she was like a model) promised me that not only could she find me a helmet that fit, it would be the most comfortable as well. So she sat me down, took a bunch of measurements, and started handing me shells to try. We narrowed it down to the Vector. Then she ripped out eight separate interior pads and started interchanging the sizes until we found the perfect fit. It took about half an hour. She then took down some notes and promised to email me when she had the size and color in stock. A few weeks later I got a call from my dealership that my helmet arrived (no obligation: if I didnt want it, I didnt have to buy it). The pads were all glued in, the visor area had been shaved down to improve my field of vision, and it fit perfectly. I was expected it to cost something extra for the custom fit, but it didn't! Sticker price (which happened to be 25% off). She had also included a dark visor as well! I couldn't believe it. So now I'm an Arai customer for life.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Now that is customer service. Glad you found a bucket for your punkin.
bob

·
Registered
960 Posts
THAT is someone that understands real service! Congrats on a great buy. Arai was my helmet of choice in my motocross racing days. Superior helmets.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, just got back from my first ride with it: Awesome! No headaches, no windburn, and best of all, no little bits of road debris or bugs hitting me in the face! The only problem is that, being used to an open face helmet, I found it impossible to judge how fast I was going without the wind hitting me in the face! I sense a lot of speeding tickets in my future...

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Yeah, just got back from my first ride with it: Awesome! No headaches, no windburn, and best of all, no little bits of road debris or bugs hitting me in the face! The only problem is that, being used to an open face helmet, I found it impossible to judge how fast I was going without the wind hitting me in the face! I sense a lot of speeding tickets in my future...
I never thought of that being a issue!!:joke: but that is funny right there:joke::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
xxx
210 Posts
Which model did you get? At the Vancouver Bike Show, the RX-Q fit me like a glove but they haven't been released yet. Seems like a lengthy delay for their 2010 models.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ya, I picked Up my Arai at the motorcycle show here in Chicago two years ago. I had problems finding a helmet to fit my big dome but the girls at the Arai booth measured my head and swtiched out the pads and now I'm proud owner of one of their Profile helmets. This is one comfortable helmet, allows me to wear all the time with no complaints and after the last two season's I'm able to take out the pads and wash them for like new smell again.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thats awesome - I'd hire her simply based on your comments! Thats awesome!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Arai is by far the best helmet I've ever worn. Also cost more than I've ever paid but worth every hundred dollar bill

·
Registered
427 Posts
Agree with the above comments. I have a Vector that fits great, is light, quiet, matches the bike's silver paint perfectly and is very cool. Couldn't be happier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.